DC Group Buy #19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luck logging in to the website. Tried my HBT name as username and the password you sent. Am I doing something incorrect?

Try resetting the password yourself. You can do that by entering your username and email in the forgot password field. The temp passwords can be tricky, for example having a lowercase l (el) and a capital I, pretty much look the same. Once you in the system though, you can reset as many times as you want...

Petar: I noticed the admin logs are not populating...should they? Might help debug things like this...

Tony I'm not sure what you mean. The admin log table, under the admin page, should never populate, if that is what you mean., although I guess I never made that clear for what it is intended for. That only catches if a pretty bad error happens when someone executes an order, which hasn't happen yet and it is good news.

I can look into getting you a shell access, which will give you a better view on what goes on in the tables, and I don't mind, but you'll need to install git bash from the last email that I sent you.

Let me know over email.

Petar: I noticed the admin logs are not populating...should they? Might help debug things like this...

I had a few last night... The passwords are hashed before they are stored in the database. I can store them in plain text and load them up in a table, but I'd rather not for security reasons.

Available Status Product Description
0lb Closed Weyermann Munich Type 2
0lb Closed Flaked Oats
0lb Closed Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale
0lb Closed Briess 2-Row Victory Malt
0lb Closed Briess White Wheat Malt
0lb Closed Simpsons Finest Pale Ale Golden Promise

5lb Open Crisp Chocolate
30lb Open Flaked Corn
30lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L
20lb Open Rahr Red Wheat
20lb Open Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner
25lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L
5lb Open Crisp Roasted Barley
35lb Open Briess DME Pilsen Light
20lb Open Briess Vienna Malt
30lb Open Weyermann Melanoidin
40lb Open Briess Caramel Rye Malt
50lb Open Gambrinus Honey
20lb Open Briess White Wheat Malt
25lb Open Weyermann Munich Type 2
50lb Open Château Special B
45lb Open Crisp Brown
40lb Open Briess 2-Row Carapils

Crazy what can happen in a month of not stopping by our group buy thread. New website for ordering, sounds exciting, great work, guys!

I'll take the last 20 pounds to close out the Floor-malted Bohemian Pilsner split. I'll also take the last 20 pounds of the Briess White Wheat split.

Thanks!

Crazy what can happen in a month of not stopping by our group buy thread. New website for ordering, sounds exciting, great work, guys!

I'll take the last 20 pounds to close out the Floor-malted Bohemian Pilsner split. I'll also take the last 20 pounds of the Briess White Wheat split.

Thanks!

We all know that the fame you got from being on the cover of Zymurgy got to your head and kept you away from us common brewers...:D

Email sent...go claim that grain on the site! Cheers!!

I noticed the user name is case sensitive when logging in, maybe that is the source of your trouble.

Names are case sensitive although I'm not sure that is the problem. I don't think there is a real problem here. @BuffaloBillsBrew please try to copy paste the temporary password in the password field. Make sure you are not adding any extra spaces as that counts as well. If you still have a problem, I'll look into it and setup your account myself. You have not tried anything since last night when you posted here, we're all busy with everyday stuff I guess. There is a way that I can tell, if you have changed or updated your password.

For anything technical related with anyone, please free to contact me and I'll do my best to keep your accounts up and running. Good news is that there hasn't been anything major that breaks so far.

Tony I can get you up to speed on any of this when you have time, although I understand it might take time. It took me 7 months to put it together, so there is a lot of stuff to learn and keep track of.

Cheers!

Really appreciate all the replies. Still no luck logging in. I'm positive I entered my username both case sensitive (BuffaloBillsBrew) and not (buffalobillsbrew). I also copied and pasted the password directly from the email, no leading or trailing white space, as well as manual entry.

I tried to reset the password and it does not recognize my username and/or email.

Not sure what is going on but hopefully the issue will help others!

Really appreciate all the replies. Still no luck logging in. I'm positive I entered my username both case sensitive (BuffaloBillsBrew) and not (buffalobillsbrew). I also copied and pasted the password directly from the email, no leading or trailing white space, as well as manual entry.

I tried to reset the password and it does not recognize my username and/or email.

Not sure what is going on but hopefully the issue will help others!

I just created a new user for myself at another email address, cut and pasted the user ID and password from the email, and I got in just fine. I am deleting you and re-adding you. Are you using Chrome or IE or Firefox or???

Interesting...I was able to delete my temp account, but could not delete yours. Setting up a second account for you. Please try again...

I just created a new user for myself at another email address, cut and pasted the user ID and password from the email, and I got in just fine. I am deleting you and re-adding you. Are you using Chrome or IE or Firefox or???

Interesting...I was able to delete my temp account, but could not delete yours. Setting up a second account for you. Please try again...

Tony I see you trying stuff. Let me know when you're done, if it is not successful. I could not delete his first account from the admin page. I'll try to reset it from the server, but when you are finished....

Petar - go for it. I created a second account for him. Wondering if a control character got into his first account ID somehow as I could not delete it either. I was able to create and delete a temp account, so if you want to dig in on the server side I can step away from this. Thanks!

Ok, there was an extra blank space after his name. When Tony created the account he must have added it by a mistake. I recreated the account now. BuffaloBillsBrew, try again with the last password you received from me. It should work.

Tony, there is a way to trim the extra spaces and I will fix that in a day or two when I get a chance. It's something I did not think to proof from admin perspective. The main login trims those, but not the field that the admin puts the username first. Anyway that's an easy fix...

Success! Thanks guys.

Not sure what you did but I did exactly the same thing I had been doing - just worked this time tho.

Site looks great so far!

0lb Closed Crisp Chocolate
0lb Closed Flaked Oats

10lb Open Briess White Wheat Malt
20lb Open Rahr Red Wheat
20lb Open Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner
25lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L
30lb Open Flaked Corn
30lb Open Weyermann Melanodin
30lb Open Briess 2-Row Carapils
45lb Open Crisp Brown

@Jorb - email sent

0lb Closed Crisp Chocolate
0lb Closed Flaked Oats
0lb Closed Rahr Red Wheat
0lb Closed Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner
25lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L
30lb Open Briess 2-Row Carapils
30lb Open Flaked Corn
30lb Open Weyermann Melanoidin
45lb Open Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich
45lb Open Avangard Malz Premium Wheat
45lb Open Crisp Brown

started a new split, Briess Midnight Wheat

It's my new go-to malt for color adjustment, used it in both Alt and Schwarzbeer, it's excellent, no roast flavor!

0lb Closed Crisp Chocolate 55 lb
0lb Closed Rahr Red Wheat 50 lb
0lb Closed Weyermann Munich Type 2 55 lb
0lb Closed Flaked Oats 50 lb
0lb Closed Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner 55 lb
0lb Closed Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 55 lb
0lb Closed Crisp Roasted Barley 55 lb
0lb Closed Briess 2-Row Victory Malt 50 Lb
0lb Closed Briess White Wheat Malt 50 Lb
0lb Closed Simpsons Finest Pale Ale Golden Promise 55 lb
10lb Open Briess White Wheat Malt 50 Lb
20lb Open Briess Vienna Malt 50 Lb
25lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L 50 lb
25lb Open Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb
25lb Open Weyermann Munich Type 2 55 lb
30lb Open Flaked Corn 50 lb
30lb Open Weyermann Melanoidin 55 lb
30lb Open Briess 2-Row Carapils 50 lb
30lb Open Avangard Malz Premium Wheat 55 Lb
35lb Open Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb
40lb Open Briess Caramel Rye Malt 50 Lb
40lb Open Gambrinus Honey 55 lb
40lb Open Crisp Brown 55 lb
40lb Open Briess Midnight Wheat Malt 50 Lb
45lb Open Château Special B 55 lb
45lb Open Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 55 Lb

Stonebrewer,

I would like an account to the website if you would be so kind. This is my first order and I am ordering through a friend (and previous groupbuyer) this time, but I will certainly use the site in the future. No biggie if not.
Email: [email protected]

Thanks!

I know this is late in the game for this buy but I just started a new split for flaked wheat, gotta stock up for those summer brews! And don't forget about the midnight wheat!!!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back