DC Area Group Buy #16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to add the following splits to my order:

5# Dingemans Cara 20
10# Briess Dark Chocolate
Add an additional 5# Briess Roasted Barley

Cheers,

Kirk

Here's what I have available in splits:

Dingemans Cara 20 ................10
Weyermann CARAHELL ............30
Briess Roasted Barley .............15
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat ......20
Weyermann Pale Rye ...............10
Weyermann CARAFOAM ............25
Crisp Pale Chocolate ................50
Crisp Crystal Light 45L .............40
Gambrinus Honey ...................10
Weyermann Vienna .................30
Weyermann Munich Type 2 ........30
Briess Dark Chocolate ..............40

The sheet says there's only #5 of CARAFOAM remaining, is that right?

Apologies for lack of spreadsheet updates...really swamped with work and family!! Sheets should be up to date. Note a lot of open splits!

That Flaked Oat split is on the sheet and I have it closed, but with only 50 pounds taken. I have German with 20, you with 10, Afrohopster with 10, and nootay with 10. Did I miss something??

Here's what I have available in splits:

Dingemans Cara 20 ................10
Weyermann CARAHELL ............30
Briess Roasted Barley .............15
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat ......20
Weyermann Pale Rye ...............10
Weyermann CARAFOAM ............25
Crisp Pale Chocolate ................50
Crisp Crystal Light 45L .............40
Gambrinus Honey ...................10
Weyermann Vienna .................30
Weyermann Munich Type 2 ........30
Briess Dark Chocolate ..............40

I take 10# of the Weyermann Munich Type 2.

That Flaked Oat split is on the sheet and I have it closed, but with only 50 pounds taken. I have German with 20, you with 10, Afrohopster with 10, and nootay with 10. Did I miss something??

I think I was the third person in that flaked oats split, taking 10#, but don't worry about it. To make things easier for everyone, you can leave things the way you have now and I won't take any.

But I will take the remaining Weyerman Vienna (30#).

I'll close out the Weyerman Rye Split taking the last 5#.

Also I'll take 5# of the Roasted Barley.

I think I was the third person in that flaked oats split, taking 10#, but don't worry about it. To make things easier for everyone, you can leave things the way you have now and I won't take any.

But I will take the remaining Weyerman Vienna (30#).

Dang it!!! I missed you bro, I apologize. If you want the flaked oats, you are entitled to it as you asked before others. I can also start another sack if people want. Again, sorry I missed the bottom of your post. I must have scanned over the posts and did not pay attention to detail...:mad::mad::mad:

The sheet says there's only #5 of CARAFOAM remaining, is that right?

Great catch! Yes the sheet is correct. I have to cut and paste to a file and then cut and past to the board to try to get the splits posted, and then screw around with the formatting to line things up. Guess I made a mistake somewhere in there. Thanks for fixing me! Cheers!

T

Available Splits:
Dingemans Cara 20 ............5
Weyermann CARAHELL ......30
Briess Roasted Barley ........10
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 15
Weyermann CARAFOAM ......5
Crisp Pale Chocolate .........50
Crisp Crystal Light 45L ......40
Gambrinus Honey .............10
Weyermann Vienna ...........30
Weyermann Munich Type 2 .20
Briess Dark Chocolate .......25

Can you remove the following from my order.

5# of Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 50 lb

I did not order this split.

Cheers,

Kirk

Gents,

Signed up awhile back so have access to the price list, first time buyer though......I'd like to add the following to the buy:

55 lb / 1 Sack of Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner
20 lb of Weyermann Vienna as part of the split
10 lb of Weyermann Munich Type 2 as part of the split

FROM THE AVAILABLE SPLITS:
Please add 10 pounds of that Weyermann Vienna, 10 pounds of that Crisp Crystal Light 45L, and that last 10 pounds of Gambrinus Honey to my order. Thanks much!

Available Splits:
Dingemans Cara 20 ............5
Crisp Crystal Light 45L ......40
Gambrinus Honey .............10
Weyermann Vienna ...........30
Weyermann Munich Type 2 .20

Updated

Available Splits:
Dingemans Cara 20 ............CLOSED
Crisp Crystal Light 45L ......30
Gambrinus Honey .............CLOSED
Weyermann Vienna ...........CLOSED
Weyermann Munich Type 2 ......10

so looks like we're targeting friday, june 3 for the second close? would that make pick-up on saturday, june 18?

The sheet always has an arbitrary future date in it. So no plan yet. Not sure where you got June 3rd from? Sheet says April 2nd, or about 6 weeks ago.:)

We are at 33 sacks IF we close all the open splits, 25 if we don't close any more. Certainly open to making a plan, but think it might be a bit early unless we get a rush of new buys in...reddskinfan was supposed to be ordering so that and another order or two could push us into closing sooner than June 3rd. Definitely will avoid labor day, so in order for that to happen people gotta kick the orders into high gear, or it is sometime in June or July.:(

The sheet always has an arbitrary future date in it. So no plan yet. Not sure where you got June 3rd from? Sheet says April 2nd, or about 6 weeks ago.:)
i got the date by looking at the big blue "Time left before second closing: 17 days" (was 18 yesterday, i swear... :D). funny, i didn't notice the april 2 date to its left.

Definitely will avoid labor day
i would also avoid June 11, a number of us will be busy in Baltimore.

If for any reason the pickup is scheduled for 6/11 or 6/25 would anyone mind picking up for me? I live in Odenton, by work in downtown Bethesda. Between those two location, maybe someone is in close proximity?

Would be good to see folks at Homebrewcon, maybe we should coordinate a meetup.

If for any reason the pickup is scheduled for 6/11 or 6/25 would anyone mind picking up for me? I live in Odenton, by work in downtown Bethesda. Between those two location, maybe someone is in close proximity?

I am at HBC so it will not be on the 11th! I can pickup as I work in Bethesda...if you are willing to meet me in the triangle formed by 270 and 495 to pickup...

If need be I live in Crofton so I could pick up for you.

What is everyone's take on Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale.
Seems to be the cheapest base malt you can get?

Works for me. I know that's not much but I've used it in a stout as a base and the beer came out great.

It's a start! Lol thanks. Just curious from what I have read it seems like a good German malt, not sure why it's cheaper than the rest?

Not sure. A stout is not so easy to tell the differences in base malts (at least for me). I've also used Avangard wheat in a few beers and it was excellent. Now that I think of it, my yield with the pale malt was better than I expected.

I have some I have not used yet gonna brew with it this weekend if you want some I have an unopened sack.

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I had great results with my Double Dog clone after discussing some of the finer points of letting a fermentation rest a LONG time at the last Group Buy. It's very close! If this buy closes soon, I should have some to bring along to share! Thanks!

What is everyone's take on Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale.
Seems to be the cheapest base malt you can get?

I have made two IPAs, a stout, and a porter with it. They all tasted great and my apparent attenuation was excellent with each batch. I would recommend it.

Cheers,

Kirk

Hey gents. Haven't forgotten about the order, just been UBER busy with life. Most likely going to be ordering 3 bags (2 Avangard Pale and 1 Avangard Pils). Just need to figure out my current inventory (my PC failed with all my inventory going with it)...

Luckily I had backups of my recipes.

@reddskinnfan I just remembered I have a bucket of flaked oats for you. It's not in my way or anything, but maybe we can meet up for a beer or something soon and make the hand off.

Hey gents. Haven't forgotten about the order, just been UBER busy with life. Most likely going to be ordering 3 bags (2 Avangard Pale and 1 Avangard Pils). Just need to figure out my current inventory (my PC failed with all my inventory going with it)...

Luckily I had backups of my recipes.

Thanks bud. Maybe we can meet at Olde Mother or Roasthouse for a few beers, and invite @CaptainAl too.

Latest posts

Back