Day 2 @ 30psi, can I taste it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispyvelo

Reaction score
Okay - I know I'm an impatient a$$hole. I should just wait. Don't rush it. Blah, blah, blah.

but....

What if I gave my keg a pull after 2 days of force carving at 30psi? It's my first batch in my new keg setup and I'm curious as all hell. It was ice cold at about 35F after cold crashing, and has had more than enough conditioning time.

Here are the details for this batch (BM's Centennial Blonde):
5/16 brew date
5/21 racked to carboy
5/29 cold crashed
5/31 gelatin
6/2 (evening) kegged at 30PSI
6/4 (evening) = today, and I'm drying to pull the damn lever. Can I? Oh please, can I do it? Pretty please?....Somebody stop me.....

You can taste it at any point you like . . . might not taste the way you expect or want, but hey, it's your beer . . . have at it!

Just remember to turn down the pressure and vent the keg before pulling the test pint.

If it's been at 30 psi in the fridge for two days, it's time to purge and turn it down anyway, as it will be overcarbed quickly. So, purge, reset it 12 psi and pour two ounces or so. Discard that sludgy mess, and then pour a few ounces to drink. If it's good, pour a few more. It should be pretty well carbed in another day or two, and it should clear well by then as well as long as the keg isn't moved.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqykT0jLTJk&feature=youtu.be"][YOUTUBE]cqykT0jLTJk[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Great Vid! Yea, the first is exciting. I could not tell from the video, but I've found that if you try to slow pour by slightly cracking the valve it will foam more than just full open and use the side of the glass to control head size. Although in your case it may not make any difference. :cheers:

Back