Dark Lord Day 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how exactly do tickets work? This thread made it sound like there are general admission tickets to the fest, and then separate tickets needed to get DL, but I only see one ticket mentioned on the DLD website...

So how exactly do tickets work? This thread made it sound like there are general admission tickets to the fest, and then separate tickets needed to get DL, but I only see one ticket mentioned on the DLD website...
The tickets on sale tomorrow allow you to buy bottles. Last year they also sold some GA tickets that only got you in. They did not include the right to buy bottles.

(Crosses fingers that I got this right)

The general admission tickets went on sale at a later date via lottery and where never part of the original ticket announcement.

OK, that makes sense. Is there much of a secondary market for the tickets that will be going on sale on Saturday? I know they're non-transferrable, but do many people try to flip their second ticket?

OK, that makes sense. Is there much of a secondary market for the tickets that will be going on sale on Saturday? I know they're non-transferrable, but do many people try to flip their second ticket?

It's damn near impossible since your name is printed on the ticket and if you get two the person has to enter with you since your name is on both tickets. I'm hard pressed to find someone that would be willing to enter the grounds with someone after that same person bent them over real good on a DLD ticket. It will happen, but FFF has basically eliminated the secondary market for tickets.

The tickets on sale tomorrow allow you to buy bottles. Last year they also sold some GA tickets that only got you in. They did not include the right to buy bottles.

(Crosses fingers that I got this right)
Pretty much. If you want bottles, be sure to get a "Group" ticket. There are 5 groups, A-E.

I assume the GA tickets won't be on sale tomorrow, but who knows, things change every year.

This is going to be interesting, looks like I'll be trying to buy a ticket from my phone.

Strongly considering doing this on impulse.

Talk Gene into it too so I can simul-bang all mods.

Are Trady and MarkIntihar already going?
b15fP2a.gif

"Please wait while accessing the system (please be patient)...."

Trying for group A on computer and group C on iPad. Expecting some form of "sorry, jagoff" on both.

Wow - what a terribly ticketing system ha!

(Stating the obvious people have been saying for years)

If, by some miracle I get both, I'm happy to purchase group C on someone's behalf. I'll update this post if the stars align, and people can shoot me a PM with the cell #.

Back