Dark Lord Day 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be bringing some homebrew, probably just my Simcoe -Maris Otter SMASH as that's all that is ready. I don't keep a lot of commercial stuff around for trades. I do have a NorthWind stout and maybe a few other bottles.

This was posted on the DLD site but who knows if it is accurate. If it’s true and 4 per ticket this is going to be an expensive day for me! And I assume they don’t have a limit on how many tickets one can redeem at one time. Just myself and a buddy are going but we have tickets for friends that are out of the country and I also have the little ladies tickets and I don’t want to bring her with since I would then have to bring all the kids also and that would just be a mess.

On April 19, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I can slide on mud with the best of them, i;d rather see the girls though. I called Liz at three Floyds and she said four per ticket. But what do i know. See you guys there!

This was posted on the DLD site but who knows if it is accurate. If it’s true and 4 per ticket this is going to be an expensive day for me! And I assume they don’t have a limit on how many tickets one can redeem at one time. Just myself and a buddy are going but we have tickets for friends that are out of the country and I also have the little ladies tickets and I don’t want to bring her with since I would then have to bring all the kids also and that would just be a mess.

On April 19, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I can slide on mud with the best of them, i;d rather see the girls though. I called Liz at three Floyds and she said four per ticket. But what do i know. See you guys there!

I thought you could only redeem two per person. They are probably not organized enough to notice if you go up multiple times though.

I thought you could only redeem two per person. They are probably not organized enough to notice if you go up multiple times though.

I only read that you could only purchase 2 tickets per person but nothing on the site says anything about redeeming. I guess I will need to call. If I have to bring a 1, 2 and 4 year old to the drunken mud fest it’s not going to end well!

I'd call to make sure. But last year, they were not exactly strict about ANYTHING. You could walk up and get bottles, then immediately turn around and comeback again if you had more tickets. It's a crazy booze-fest run by hippies. "Order" is not the word of the day.

Per 3floyds...............

Hi Ryan,

So the rule is that you can only redeem 2 tickets per person at once - you can get back in line to redeem the other two tickets or bring someone along that isn't redeeming tickets and would be willing to do it for you. Cheers.

Lincoln R. Anderson
Three Floyds Brewing Co.

Cool, I'll probably be in line for the brew-pub, I imagine it will be a long wait like last year. I'll bring some of my SMASH pale ale to share around.

i know that some of those guest beers are for sure. I just know about the local stuff. I'm interested in the barrel aged old guardian

^ If your talking about a good liquor store close by last year when we were in line they were passing out fliers for a place and since we weren't prepared we took a ride over there. They had a nice selection. I can't remember the name.It's on Indianapolis Blvd. between 45th and Ridge Rd. on the west side of the street not too far from FFF. If you're interested I'll ask my friend if he remembers the name.

Well today is a sad day. It would be a day of packing and trailer hitching and driving in anticipation for drunken fun, but it is not. Have fun everyone.

i believe its delocks

^ If your talking about a good liquor store close by last year when we were in line they were passing out fliers for a place and since we weren't prepared we took a ride over there. They had a nice selection. I can't remember the name.It's on Indianapolis Blvd. between 45th and Ridge Rd. on the west side of the street not too far from FFF. If you're interested I'll ask my friend if he remembers the name.

We got any way to meet set up yet? Something as simple as a sign with HBT on it tapped up somewhere would be enough to gather together.
You still have my number? Call or txt. Im leaving the city around 9:30 and heading down.

That's the place The Liquor Stop. They have a nice selection of beers and reasonably priced too. Read some of the comments in your link. That's a nice link to have btw.Thanks for posting.
Its a great website! I use it when I travel to find breweries, bars, stores, etc. Most of the time the comments are spot on!

here is my number: 812-630-9013. call or text. I'm at the inn of hamond currently drinking. I will probly be at the pub around 10ish. I have homebrew to share

I'm pumped for tomorrow. I'm only going to have my Cascadian Dark Ale, and not much of it, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye open for you guys. I'm thinking I'm probably going to wear my HBT patch, so, if someone sees a patch, give a holler.

I can't believe it. Its cloudy all aroud us and there's a big open patch of sky right over FFF and the sun is shining. The beer gods are smiling upon this day. All hail the dark lord.

About to head out! Looking forward to meeting ya'll. I have a HomeBrewTalk logo on my blue cooler (couldn't find my patch).

It'll be cool to meet you all, I have some homebrew I'm bringing along to share as well, water, soda etc.

I'll be around, probably in line for the brewpub at some point. I'll also have an extra sample of Dark Lord probably (you get one for each ticket)

Great times! Met up with Rich, sorry I didn't get a call in to you OldSchool. Definitely need to have some sort of HBT table next year or something, not sure exactly how to do that... and stand in line for DL.

This year there was still a huge line even at 5pm, but when I asked (we'd already gotten through line) they said if you had tickets you went right to the front.

They did limit Dark Lord to 3 bottles per ticket, they were doing 4 early in the day but cut it down to 3 by the time we'd gotten in there

what a day, there is way too much to do. I got way too drunk and dropped an empty growler on the warehouse floor.

woops...im sure they didnt like that.

Were they selling to people w/o tickets after 5pm Con?

Back