Dark Lord Day 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know several members of our brewclub are going. We are hoping to rent a RV and have tailgate setup going on. Should be good times.

I'm definitely bringing some homebrew to share, also will bring some of my "Dark Lord Clone" though I'll have to figure out a better name, it is a good big stout, but not close enough to Dark Lord to be considered a clone.

As far as where to meet up, it is really crowded and not a lot of landmarks I can think of that are close to the brewery and not already taken. I know BOSS was there last year (Brewers of the south suburbs) and had an area staked out and a big sign. I don't know if the brewclub I've attended (... once so far) is going or not.

I won't be in line for Dark Lord, last year the line was sooo long when I got there, but by 3 pm or so it was gone, so I could just walk up and get my DL (had golden tickets). I knew the tickets guaranteed bottles so I saw now reason to stand in that line... now the brewpub line was long but fun.

I recommend bringing along a folding chair or cooler to sit on, sunscreen, water, snacks, homebrew etc.

have to miss out again this year. Wife is preggers. We found out about 3 days before tickets. oh well. There is always next year I suppose. Have fun everyone.

I like the idea of waiting till the line is gone before going to get the beer. Leaves more time for drinking and talking to other brewers. Ive never been to DLD either, but one of the guys that we are going with says there is an empty field across from three flyods that we might park in.

I will be there this year for sure. Would love to put some faces to some names. I will more than likely have on a Yazoo workshirt.

I can't wait either. My friend and I are making a road trip out of it. Hitting up Jolly Pumpkin, Founders, Bells, then FFF.

Yeah i'll be there. I'd be down for swapping some homebrew, I'll be packin my share. I was hoping to hit up two brothers in Warenville but one of the guys i'm going with can't leave til later and we have a 5 hour drive. :( We need to let each other know what we will be wearing or exchange numbs or something since there is apperantly no landmarks. Maybe I'll have a huge HBT sign ;)

For all of those who bought HBT patches, this would be an opportune time to sport your gear. I'll be wearing my brew shirt with the patch....

I found a small stash at a local seller who still has Bell's Hop Slam and Founder's Breakfeast Stout in stock. If anyone at DLD want to trade for anything, let me know and I'll bring some.

I found a small stash at a local seller who still has Bell's Hop Slam and Founder's Breakfeast Stout in stock. If anyone at DLD want to trade for anything, let me know and I'll bring some.

I'm still stocked up on the Hopslam, but i would do a breakfast stout, or a kentucky breakfast stout. What are you looking for. I have a large stock in my cellar and am stopping at Sahara mart on the way up.

I'm still stocked up on the Hopslam, but i would do a breakfast stout, or a kentucky breakfast stout. What are you looking for. I have a large stock in my cellar and am stopping at Sahara mart on the way up.

Not sure - what do you have. I do have some Founder's KBS, but am keeping most for my stock, but would bring 1 bottle to trade. PM me what you have interesting to trade if it's easier for you.

I'm bringing lots of sharing/trading beers! KBS, BA BORIS, Hop Damn IIIPA, Old Rasputin XII, Founder's 2010 Nemesis, and a looooot of homebrew

Is Founders KBS hard to find? I know the local craft beer store has some in stock if anybody wants me to pick some up for them I can. I think its like $20 for a four pack though.

Is Founders KBS hard to find? I know the local craft beer store has some in stock if anybody wants me to pick some up for them I can. I think its like $20 for a six pack though.

I'm sure someone will partake. In Columbus, only a few of the largest beer stores even got it, and some were limiting to 2 bottles/customer. The one I frequent the most got 2 cases. It's VERY tasty, I enjoyed it much more than their Nemesis.

I know it's kinda a long shot, especially with me being so new to the board, but does anyone have an extra ticket or two I could buy off of them? I missed out on ordering them and would really like to get in on the festivities.

You don't need a ticket to come to Dark Lord Day, getting the golden tickets just assure you that you'll be able to buy a few bottles of Dark Lord (not sure how much yet). Also last year after the bottles for all the golden tickets were sold, they still had bottles anyone could buy.

You don't need a ticket to come to Dark Lord Day, getting the golden tickets just assure you that you'll be able to buy a few bottles of Dark Lord (not sure how much yet). Also last year after the bottles for all the golden tickets were sold, they still had bottles anyone could buy.

I'd really hate to make the drive without a guarantee of tasting the sweet nectar. How long does one wait on DLD, generally, to actually purchase the beer?

No way that bid is legit. Somebody is definitely messing with the seller by bidding outrageously high so the sale doesn't go through.

If anyone ends up with extra Dark Lord that they want to trade I have some 2010 Founders KBS, Founders Nemesis, Bell's Batch 9000 and a few others I'd be willing to trade.

If any of you happen to frequent BA, someone is obviously jacking up the price to screw over the seller. I am sure FFF would like to know who is behind the auction.

When is the best time to show up. If I get there around 3:00 or so that will leave two hours of golden ticket only sales, but will the lines be really long at that point?

I'd really hate to make the drive without a guarantee of tasting the sweet nectar. How long does one wait on DLD, generally, to actually purchase the beer?

I've only been once, and I waited to get in the brewpub (instead of the line for DL) then after I got out of the brewpub I was able to walk right up and buy my Dark Lord bottles within a couple minutes. The brewpub had Dark Lord on tap. They also sell Dark lord on tap out at the bar. They were selling samples as well

If you show up Puppy I'll give you one of the tastings of Dark Lord you get for free with a golden ticket.

My favorite of all was the 2008 Dark Lord aged in a bourbon barrel on vanilla beans, just had a sip of it in the brewpub but it was amazing.

As for when to show up. I hope to be there early, but I got my bottles last year around 3-4 pm and there was a 5 minute line. Some people were lining up to buy the bottles that were left over after ticket sales (only about 2-3 people when I got my bottles).

No way that bid is legit. Somebody is definitely messing with the seller by bidding outrageously high so the sale doesn't go through.

I think it's great. Now the turd who is selling will have to pay the ebay fees while the person who jacked it up may only get negative feedback or booted. Assumed they knew this and did it on purpose. Either way if the seller thinks someone will actually give him/her 12k they are insane!!:tank:

Back