Danby DAR440BL Mini-Fridge Conversion to Kegerator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Timeless. I've found that I can reach over the kegs to adjust the pressure, but it's not easy. I don't think my arms are too fat, but I'm 6'5" tall, so they're probably not skinny either. :)
I was really hoping for some ideas to leave the tank in the rear, but move the gauges. In further reading I've also seen the idea of leaving the tank outside and running the line up through the drain in the fridge.

For those running similar systems:

any luck stacking two 2.5 gal cornys in the same space as one 5 gal? I generally do five gallon batches of beer, but also have friends and SWMBO who like ciders and ginger beer.

I have a 5 and a 2.5 in my Danby right now. I just measured, the 2.5 is 16" to the top of the handles, taller to the top of the connections. Another 2.5 would not fit on top of it. There are smaller kegs, but I do not know their dimensions.

Has anyone been adventuress enough to drill through the side (or rear) walls of this thing? If so can you share the "safe zones"? Don't want to hit a line...

Since the cooling panel is on the back wall, can we assume there are no lines in the top or sides? I suppose I could do the starch/vodka test to be sure, but who wants to waste 5-10 minutes? :)

I'm also thinking of running my tap handles through the door with a drip tray below. As long as the shanks aren't too long, that might be alright as well. Still, a tower looks so cool. Any input or thoughts are welcome.

I've cut a whole through the "roof", behind the light, just like OP. So have many others.

I'm still wondering my self if there are any areas on the side walls we can drill through? Not sure how the starch/vodka test would work out vertically on the sides...

Anyone fully opened one of these things up or have schematics or anything?

(edit) On second thought I suppose the starch test might work on the side walls. Couldn't hurt to try.

I would not cut the sides. These radiate heat from the sides. I just felt mine, the back is cool but the sides are warm. There are diagrams online for cutting the top. I cut a hole in the hump to route my gas lines. I searched and found a couple of blogs and youtube videos.

Has anyone been adventuress enough to drill through the side (or rear) walls of this thing? If so can you share the "safe zones"? Don't want to hit a line...

Sadly I ruined one by not taking the time to do the starch test and nicked a line, I had purchased it used so "only" $60 down the drain. 😫 I was very careful to only cut the exterior sheeting and probed for the line, but it only takes one tiny nick ...

Has anyone tried to fit a quarter slim in this kegerator? I've been buying sixtels but they run out too quickly... maybe i should just drink less haha

Back