Danby 645bls LED display cleaning (not for the queezy)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkadelicturkey

Reaction score
I just purchased a kegerator off craigslist, it appears this beauty has been sitting for a while. There are some bugs in the display area of the LED thermostat. Any suggestions on how to clean that area without breaking the display. It is very tempting to cut the small plastic window and clean it out. Bugs are great but bugs in my kegerator are nasty. Thanks for any advise and cheers, can wait to be poring my own draft beer. :mug:

Flux remover? Cleans stuff nicely and doesn't leave residue behind. (radio shack used to sell it, they still might. I get mine from supply houses) I wouldn't use it for any food 'stuff'

The winged bugs are actually behind the plastic cover of the LED temp display. I don't know how they crawled in there, something has to be removed or cut to get them out, unless flux remover travels through plastic and melts bug, I don't think it is going to work :( thanks for the suggestion though.

Back