D coupler to Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manoau2002

Reaction score
Hi,

Brand new to kegging. I have been watching the prices at best buy for a kegerator for a while now and purchased one today. It comes with a d-coupler system. I also ordered a couple of corny kegs. I am getting the impression that the d-couplers don't work with ball lock corney kegs. (but I could be wrong) What would I need to convert the d-couplers to ball lock? I have found some sort of adaptor so you can use both keg systems - is that what I should buy? I never plan to use commercial kegs just the corny ones.

You don't need an adapter. Just buy ball lock disconnects for the corny kegs.

Hi,

Brand new to kegging. I have been watching the prices at best buy for a kegerator for a while now and purchased one today. It comes with a d-coupler system. I also ordered a couple of corny kegs. I am getting the impression that the d-couplers don't work with ball lock corney kegs. (but I could be wrong) What would I need to convert the d-couplers to ball lock? I have found some sort of adaptor so you can use both keg systems - is that what I should buy? I never plan to use commercial kegs just the corny ones.

What kind of adapter? Can you provide a link to it?

Every kegging system is going to need a way to bring CO2 into the keg, and a way to dispense the product from the keg. The D-coupler does that. If you want an easy way to change that to accommodate corny kegs, just cut off the D-connector and put on Quick Disconnects.

I'm talking about these kind of things:

http://www.ritebrew.com/category-s/1912.htm

I ordered some ball lock disconnects. Thanks for the info. I am away from my computer but I saw some sort of adaptor that seemed to allow to easily swap between the d couplers and the ball disconnects. I don't need the adaptor however as I have no interest in using commercial kegs.

Back