Cyser Soze...English/Belgian ale yeast blend cider with a..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultima

Reaction score
.Noble hopback. I will find the most suitable local juice, fresh honey, and good hops, I'm a veteran brewer, but only versed in beer.

I'm just curious as to some of your thoughts on what I might be able to expect with a yeast blend like this, being partly Fullers ESB and part some other Belgian yeast. It made an interesting pale ale, but I'm wondering how it would work for a cider (I have ~500ml of dense healthy yeast to pitch). I'm thinking a couple pounds of honey on top of ~5 gallons of juice, going to heat it up to pasteurizing temp and let it rest for a bit. And the hops, well, that's just because I like to mess around :cool:

Also, cidery-noob question, I know there's a lot of free sugar in juice, but is pectic enzyme necessary to break down more of the fruit starches into fermentable sugars? Is that added early-kettle, late-kettle, fermenter, or where?

I want to finish high and dry with a little bit of that Belgian kick coming through.

My fermentation temperature is pretty much limited to ~70 without much variation.

So, reasonable or terrible idea?

Back