Cycling inspired custom tap-handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
A friend of mine is an avid cyclist and mountain biking enthusiast. I commute via bicycle around school, and sometimes to work, but I am not quite the sportsman as my friend, but we have been known to share a few of my homebrews from time-to-time. As a token of his appreciation for great beer he made me a tap-handle from some left over cycle parts after we built my commuter bike.

IMAG0246.jpg

I need to touch up the crank-arm with some paint, and I plan to paint the "Specialized" plate with chalkboard paint in order to label the brew, otherwise, I thought this was a great use of a stripped crank-arm.

I too am an avid mtn biker and that is awesome! I'd love to have something like that...maybe a smaller chainring so I dont catch my hand on the tap next to it after I have a few! I really like it though

dietz said:
I too am an avid mtn biker and that is awesome! I'd love to have something like that...maybe a smaller chainring so I dont catch my hand on the tap next to it after I have a few! I really like it though

Thanks for the positive comment!

i have tons of used cogs and crank arms laying around. i should start doing somthing with them as well.

I love seeing people's creative tap handles.
It's a great way to decorate, show some of your creativity and express a little bit of who you are.

Back