Curious on something that happened during dry hopping...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayman931

Reaction score
I had a extremely great fermentation....so well I had to switch to a blow off tube. Some Krausen was stuck everywhere to the glass of my carboy all the way up to the neck of the carboy(I didn't realized it was caked solid up top). When I took my air lock off I looked down the carboy and i noticed the Krausen was up in the neck and pretty solid. I pushed it back down into the primary fermentor (it was probably 2 cups in size) when I put in my hops for dry hopping in the carboy.

I am just wondering what effects will this have? (I am not worried) I am intending to bottle next weekend. Will this restart fermentation? Or will it just settle at the bottom? Everything was looking perfectly settled...I guess I am asking about clarity..should I cold crash to improve clarity? Thanks for any and all information ahead of time.:mug:

Adding hops will not restart fermentation. Only adding sugars will restart fermentation.

It will most likely be fine.. I would let it go with the hops for a week, then drop the temps and cold crash for about two days, and bottle.

It's just crusty dry yeasties and the inside of your carboy is sterile :)

Back