Curious about some floating material I noticed after transferring to secondary...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leninade

Reaction score
I am in the middle of my first batch (an Irish red ale) and recently transferred the beer to a carboy after two weeks in the primary to make room for another batch. I've noticed I have a few stray pieces of mystery material floating at the top of my brew, some of which look round and almost slimy, and some that look like strands hanging down into the beer from the surface. I really doubt I've ruined anything but I am curious as to what this stuff is, any ideas?

I am in the middle of my first batch (an Irish red ale) and recently transferred the beer to a carboy after two weeks in the primary to make room for another batch. I've noticed I have a few stray pieces of mystery material floating at the top of my brew that look

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!! WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?!

I haven't seen it but I'm betting it's yeast.

Photos would be nice. You can't post directly since you don't have 25 posts yet but linking to them would help.

My apologies, I just really enjoy building anticipation. I've attempted to get some decent photos, let's see if posting from my tablet works as well this time...

image-4275888448.jpg

image-756655623.jpg

Back