Crankandstien BBQ stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol' rummie

Reaction score
Here's my new mill:
p1030212k.jpg

Nice. Is that motor going to be in the way for a bucket to catch the milled grains?

Nice. Is that motor going to be in the way for a bucket to catch the milled grains?

The motor does stick out a bit, but I attach an empty grain bag (with both ends open) to the under side of the mill, to act as a "chute" into the bucket. The grain bag also keeps the dust down.

I'm not sure what kind of dust levels you are dealing with, but that motor looks dangerously close to the grain output. It won't be fun to clean if it gets gunked up.

Just reverse the motor mounting position with the motor under the panel with the pulley facing inboard instead, this should solve the bucket to motor clearance problem. The motor will need the spade connections swapped to different motor windings for CW or CCW rotation correction.
I would also add a bucket stop preventing bucket to motor shaft and pulley contact or a shield plus add a short chute allowing the bucket to slide out.
This short shield will reduce the amount of flour entering into the motor windings causing future cooling problems. JMO's.

Back