craigslist rocks, part 33

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilot210

Reaction score
I just started homebrewing, and as is normal for me, I wanted to gear up quickly. I found a guy on craigslist who was selling everything he had for under a hundred bucks: two 6.5 gal carboys, bottling bucket, thermometer, nearly everything except a hydrometer, plus 5+ cases of bomber bottles. Yesterday, another guy posted an ad for all of his stuff. He had 90 (!) cases of bomber bottles, three carboys, and all the little stuff, all in nearly new condition. I picked up another 6.5 gal carboy, and 15 cases of bomber bottles ($4/case!), and he threw in two cases of 12 oz. empties. Thanks to craigslist, I got set up nicely for about the same cost as my motorcycle jacket. BTW, the second guys advertisement is still on the Denver craigslist...search for "beer", he's in SE Aurora.

I just started homebrewing, and as is normal for me, I wanted to gear up quickly. I found a guy on craigslist who was selling everything he had for under a hundred bucks: two 6.5 gal carboys, bottling bucket, thermometer, nearly everything except a hydrometer, plus 5+ cases of bomber bottles. Yesterday, another guy posted an ad for all of his stuff. He had 90 (!) cases of bomber bottles, three carboys, and all the little stuff, all in nearly new condition. I picked up another 6.5 gal carboy, and 15 cases of bomber bottles ($4/case!), and he threw in two cases of 12 oz. empties. Thanks to craigslist, I got set up nicely for about the same cost as my motorcycle jacket. BTW, the second guys advertisement is still on the Denver craigslist...search for "beer", he's in SE Aurora.

yeah denver has a lot of homebrew equip if you keep your eyes peeled. i missed out on 6 5 gallon cornies 3 10 gallon and a few carboys for 250 bucks by like 20 minutes grr

Is this a good craigslist score? for $250

Extensive collection of home beer making equipment includes:

Complete kegging system, including 2 cornelius kegs, dual regulator, CO2 tank, hoses
1 Corona grain mill
2 5-Gallon glass carboys
6 5-Gallon plastic carboys
2 bottle cappers
1 bottle corker
1 extra-large filter funnel
1 carboy brush
2 cases bottles
40 Grolsch bottles

Is this a good craigslist score? for $250

Extensive collection of home beer making equipment includes:

Complete kegging system, including 2 cornelius kegs, dual regulator, CO2 tank, hoses
1 Corona grain mill
2 5-Gallon glass carboys
6 5-Gallon plastic carboys
2 bottle cappers
1 bottle corker
1 extra-large filter funnel
1 carboy brush
2 cases bottles
40 Grolsch bottles

I'd say that is a decent deal. I'm used to getting cornies at about 20 a piece, the regulator and tank can be up to 100 used (that's more than I will pay, but that seems about asking rate) and the rest of that stuff would add up to over 100 total if parted out. I'd probably go for it if I needed any of it. Try and talk him down to like 225, though. Always barter.

90 cases of bottles? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it till I saw the stacks of cases in his garage. All the bottles are perfect. He's a really nice guy, and said that he had some friends at a pub who would save bottles for him. Works for me, and I have enough bomber bottles now to last for a very long time. :mug:

Latest posts

Back