CraftBeerPi - Raspberry Pi Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
common! For me it's harder to pick it up :) It says also 1 per household, how they will check you? Do you have to register when buying?
When I wanted to Order from UK it was almost same price as regular RPi, everything in Norway is sooo expensive...

Yea, two hour drive would be more expensive than just buying full price.

Fortified-Bicycle-Invincible-Theft-Proof-Bike-10.jpg

I'm not sure if it's at select stores or not and how they keep track. I bought one last week and I'm not sure how long the deal goes. Here is a link to it for convenience. I'll let you know if I can pick one up.

I can try and pick one up for you Terra, but it may not happen till later this week. The Microcenter near me is not conveniently located for my normal drive.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463189/Zero_v13_Development_Board_-_Camera_Ready

Jeff

@bigdaddyale
Attached is a 4 pin (DS18B20) input, 8 output (12VDC) board.

not done yet as i need to label etc. but this is effectively where i'm at. 4 in, 8 out. if you need to, ou can compile your own kernel and use all 4 pins or use 1, up to the end user.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.45.42 PM.png

@bigdaddyale
Attached is a 4 pin (DS18B20) input, 8 output (12VDC) board.

not done yet as i need to label etc. but this is effectively where i'm at. 4 in, 8 out. if you need to, ou can compile your own kernel and use all 4 pins or use 1, up to the end user.
This board will work with a RPI Zero?

It's going to be bigger than the zero but yeah, assuming the same gpio connector (rev2) is on the zero.

Has anyone gotten CBP running on DietPi? I'm getting the following error.

root@DietPi:~# cd craftbeerpi/
root@DietPi:~/craftbeerpi# sudo python runserver.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runserver.py", line 4, in <module>
from brewapp import app, socketio
File "/root/craftbeerpi/brewapp/__init__.py", line 2, in <modul
e>
from flask.ext.sqlalchemy import SQLAlchemy
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flask/exthook.py",
line 87, in load_module
raise ImportError('No module named %s' % fullname)
ImportError: No module named flask.ext.sqlalchemy
root@DietPi:~/craftbeerpi#

every board will work with RPi Zero which is designed for RPi2/3 because it has same pinouts. Although I am not sure if Zero i capable of CBPi, I cant check it as it is impossible to get Zero over here.

@SHvanBommel

I can see that you connect temp port to both GPIOs, that might sometimes cause the problem because some GPIOs when system start ar HIGH and some are LOW and I am not sure how system will read temp, you can check it :)

CBPi did run on my zero under raspbian, but as indicated above I had issues with DietPi on the zero. I think it's related to some missing or improperly configured software, but I'm not an expert in that area.

I read on some other forum that they used some other lite version than DietPi and it works. There is also guy on irish forum who is using Zero for CBPi so I think you can get it to work.

there was something on aussie and this Irish one was nationalhomebrewclub.ie i believe. I do not have history here so I can't check :)

Random question, does anyone know if CraftBrewPi supports PID autotuning? I have a hosehead with Strangebrew Elsinore, and trying to compare against CraftBrewPi. Strangebrew doesn't do autotuning as far as I'm aware.

So, I'm thinking about building a pi-based system using CraftbeerPi and going all electric.
One question I had was running the pi with a little touchscreen TFT display-- is that supported in the base code or is it some custom work that people have done?

Alternatively, if I stick with gas,
is there an ignitor relay output? I'd need to have the relay on for 2-5 seconds whenever the gas is turned on.

Hey, I am working a board rev to jumper the different pins for use as 1-wire but from what I understand you can change configuration of pins to go hi or low at startup. I still think there's no reason you can't just put all sensors on gpio4 but...

no no, you can of course put all sensors to one GPIO, I am just asking in sake of 4.0 board and just my own knowledge :)
GPIO4 is not really usefull as it is from the "inside" side of the bus.

Ah, yes I did try connecting them to different gpio and they were not recognized.

did you change GPIO at the install.sh script and install CBPi from scratch?

or

"Add the following to /boot/config.txt and reboot.

dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=x

where x is the (Broadcom) GPIO number you want to use for the 1-wire bus."

I was trying the latter and it works, not sure about 1st method but seems the same

Pritty cool! Is GIPO 14 for "stop push button" support? This could be very helpful!

Regards,
Manuel

@manuel - no, smart idea, That's why I jump eres the 3v line so you could use the regular gpio or use for 1-wire. GPIO 14 is for running a shutdown script from a momentary push.

Ok ,the boards just arrived today.I'll send you a PM with my paypal information and I'll need your snail mail address. $4.00 a board including shipping in the USA.

I paypal'ed you the funds, but i can't pm you my address. (Says you've opted not to receive pm's)

You'll need to send me a way to send my address to you. Should have included it in the paypal, I guess.

@SHvanBommel,

I like the more efficient layout. If you are going to make this layout or any bare boards available to others, you may want to explicitly label the I2C header itself, as well as the part number of the power buck, in the same font as "shutdown". Similarly, how about explicitly naming the SDA and SCL pins at the I2C header in lieu of simply 0 and 1? Finally, you should probably distinguish pin 1 on the GPIO socket for the benefit of any total NOOBS.

I'll fix all of the suggestions above and will have another 4 or 5 boards available, besides the 3 for bigdadyale if anyone is interssted

Back