Craft Breweries in Door County WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffey

Reaction score
The wife and I are planning a weekend in Door County in August. Anyone have suggestions for breweries to visit or beer to try when out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The only one I know of is Shipwrecked brewpub in Egg Harbor. The beer is really not very good. Went there last August with my wife. If you are staying in Door County for a few days I would suggest taking beer with you. I wish I had.

I'm going in two weeks. The beer was that bad? Sounds like there's a market to open a brewpub then.

New Glarus has some tasty stuff I suggest spotted cow, moon man. they have a nice limited addition dubblel and berliner weiss

New Glarus is probably the only craft beer you will find in Door County. They have an awesome brewery but it's about four hours south of Door county. If you pass by there I highly recommend stopping by. It's a self guided tour and you can take beers from the tasting room with you as you check out the brewery.

Green Bay is at the bottom of the peninsula and they have the fabulous Titletown Brewery and the Hinterland Gastropub, so maybe you can grab some growlers. (Hinterland's growlers can be pricey, but I know they put their beer in 16 oz bottles.)

Door County Brewing in Bailey's Harbor. Can't tell you anything about them, but another option. I do agree about Shipwrecked, not very good.

It's not a brewery, but the Door County Distillery has some pretty good wine and spirits.

Won't be able to stop at the New Glarus Brewery, but will definitely be looking for their beers while out there. I saw Door County Brewery too and was wondering if I should check then out.

If you like hefeweizens, New Glarus just put their seasonal Dancing Man hefeweizen back on the shelves, and it is outstanding. If you like hops, another Wisconsin-only brewery, the Ale Asylum, has lots of good IPAs on the shelves - Hopalicious, Ballistic, and Satisfaction Jackson are all really good.

My family goes to Door County every fall, camping at Penninsula state park. There are some wineries, but some say they are in Door County, but they are really in Sturgeon Bay, on the Southern part. I had some Door County beer, Two Sisters or something like that, a Pilsner I think, OK. Just make sure you eat at the Wild Tomato, I think thats it, right across from the park entrance, wood oven pizza and wine. Small place but some tables to eat outside too.

Back