Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well....[emoji16]

Crooked Stave - Any
Cascade - Any
Lost Abbey - Any
Allagash - Golden Brett
Logsdon - Any
RR - Any
Any Vermont IPAs/IIPAs...Any...
Bells Two Hearted
Any Surly IPA/IIPA
Any Pizza Port IPA/IIPA
The Bruery - Any Sour
Cigar City - Jai Alai
Dogfish head - 120 minute
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
Alpine - Any IPAs
Modern Times - City of the Sun
Almanac - Any sour
Boulevard - Love Child #6 (For you KC dwellers)

Sorry I was at work and had to do some minor surgery.

Heady, other alchemist brews
Modern times, hoppy or saisons
Jester king, any but mad Meg
Nebco
Wicked weed, sours brett or ipas
6 pack of xocoveza
Russian River
Surly IPA's
Sante Adarius
Maine Beer Co lunch or dinner

Any one of the above and something tasty local made (hoppy, saison, brett, flavored stout or sour) not found in Pennsylvania will also work.

Box from @douglasbarbin

View attachment 323352View attachment 323353View attachment 323354

Thanks man! Nicely done! This is a great assortment AND I get two Ghost in the Machines!

Drink that Ghost and Envie soon. You got a triple treat basically. This batch of Ghost was brewery only and this was the first batch of the reformulated Envie. Andrew resorted to calling it Baby Ghost to describe it (it's an APA that drinks like a session IPA). Glad that I could help get your wish granted. Time to go pour the rest of the Pompeii. :mug:

Good ol' Lazy Mag, too bad you didn't get to try them ~10 years ago. Their quality has gone downhill, in my opinion. Surprised SoPro wasn't in there, I believe you guys get that down there in LA.

I never had Lazy Mag 10 years ago, but now they are pretty hit and miss (mostly miss, IMO). Some of their regular lineup is pretty solid (I like Southern Pecan and Jefferson Stout), but every seasonal or special release I have had from them has been awful.

We do get Southern Prohibition, but rarely do I see singles anywhere, and I don't like any of their beers enough to buy a 4 or 6 pack.

No problem, hope you enjoy! That Grand Reserve typically ages very well. I actually haven't tried this year's yet. And Toby is right, drink the Ghost and Envie fresh!

If it weren't for my office holiday party and the Star Wars movie the ghost and envie Would be gone already. They won't last the weekend, or likely tomorrow

Thanks again!

I never had Lazy Mag 10 years ago, but now they are pretty hit and miss (mostly miss, IMO). Some of their regular lineup is pretty solid (I like Southern Pecan and Jefferson Stout), but every seasonal or special release I have had from them has been awful.

We do get Southern Prohibition, but rarely do I see singles anywhere, and I don't like any of their beers enough to buy a 4 or 6 pack.

Before they started expanding their distro, and contract brewing for other start up breweries, Southern Pecan was my favorite beer. It seems as they shot themselves in the foot trying to do too much too fast.

Crooked Letter, from what I have heard, was going down this path and have learned that contract brewing was hindering their own production. They will not be contract brewing anymore.

I am not sure what all you get from SoPro. I am not a fan of Suzy B or the Devils Harvest. Suzy Smash was great. Fire Ant is hit or miss sometimes.Jack the sipper is a solid ESB.

Before they started expanding their distro, and contract brewing for other start up breweries, Southern Pecan was my favorite beer. It seems as they shot themselves in the foot trying to do too much too fast.

They have serious sanitation issues from what I saw when the AHA Rally was held there.

Crooked Letter, from what I have heard, was going down this path and have learned that contract brewing was hindering their own production. They will not be contract brewing anymore.

That makes sense at their size. Lazy Mag almost has no choice but to sell their spare capacity.

I am not sure what all you get from SoPro. I am not a fan of Suzy B or the Devils Harvest. Suzy Smash was great. Fire Ant is hit or miss sometimes.Jack the sipper is a solid ESB.

We get almost all their stuff. Suzy Smash is excellent. Fire Ant depends on how fresh it is. Jack is a very good ESB. I've liked most of the Cicada Series. We also got the spoils of their Barley Legal first batch mishap.

Sorry I was at work and had to do some minor surgery.

Heady, other alchemist brews
Modern times, hoppy or saisons
Jester king, any but mad Meg
Nebco
Wicked weed, sours brett or ipas
6 pack of xocoveza
Russian River
Surly IPA's
Sante Adarius
Maine Beer Co lunch or dinner

12/18 adds
NoDa hop drop and roll or coco Loco (or other hoppy)
Creature comforts
Toppling Goliath

12/22
Goose island Gillian
Allagash any brett/wild
Almanac any brett/wild
Ale apothecary any brett/wild
Cascade Any (most interested in strawberry )
Trillium any hoppy or brett/wild/sour
Logsdon any
Perennial any saison

Any one of the above and something tasty local made (hoppy, saison, brett, flavored stout or sour) not found in Pennsylvania will also work.

Bump with edits

Sorry guys, being a produce manager at the holidays sucks!

Russian River
Almanac
Rare Barrel
Lawson's
Trillium
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Jester King
Yellow Rose
SARA
Funky Buddha
Fonta Flora
Burial
Noda HDNR
Modern Times
DFH 120, World Wide Stout

25 pound package of goodness sent to Gentlemans_Ale. Tracking number pm'ed. Scheduled to touch down Thursday if no delays.

It was bound to happen and it finally did. Fedex broke 2 bottles in the shipment to Gentlemans_Ale and won't deliver the remaining package. Gentlemans_Ale get in touch with me because you can pick it up.

It was bound to happen and it finally did. Fedex broke 2 bottles in the shipment to Gentlemans_Ale and won't deliver the remaining package. Gentlemans_Ale get in touch with me because you can pick it up.

Yikes. No fun. At least you get to pick it up!

How about a New Year's Eve grant someone???

Updating the list

Russian River
Almanac
Rare Barrel
Lawson's
Trillium
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Jester King
Yellow Rose
SARA
Funky Buddha
Fonta Flora
Burial
Noda HDNR
Modern Times

Added 12/31

Societe
Firestone Walker
New Glarus (sours, wilds)
Carton
3 Floyds ZD
Pseudosue
Eagle Rock
Monkish

I'm glad that stuff survived. Really sad the alpine nelson and duet were the two that broke though. They were even vacuum sealed so I don't know how hard the kicked the package to break those and make them leak. That's a 2014 Mad Elf btw. It should be better now. I like a year of age on them.

Updating the list

Russian River
Almanac
Rare Barrel
Lawson's
Trillium
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Jester King
Yellow Rose
SARA
Funky Buddha
Fonta Flora
Burial
Noda HDNR
Modern Times

Added 12/31

Societe
Firestone Walker
New Glarus (sours, wilds)
Carton
3 Floyds ZD
Pseudosue
Eagle Rock
Monkish

*sigh* ok, I'll grant this since you have listed some things that are quite close to my house, and otherwise probably a bit difficult for others to get. Please send me a PM with your info.

*sigh* ok, I'll grant this since you have listed some things that are quite close to my house, and otherwise probably a bit difficult for others to get. Please send me a PM with your info.

List!!

@weirdboy is up!

Sorry my pm's were full so I didn't know I had someone to grant mine

Whoops I forgot about posting a list.
OK this worked last time so maybe I'll try it again.

Any of the following breweries:

Alchemist
Carton
Cigar City (except Jai Alai)
Columbus Brewing (especially their IPAs)
de Garde
Fat Head’s Brewery & Saloon
Funkwerks
Grassroots
Hill Farmstead
Kuhnhenn
Lawson’s Finest Liquids
Maine Beer Company
Marble Brewery
Thai Me Up/Melvin Brewing
Minneapolis Town Hall
Moonlight Meadery
NEBCO
New Glarus
NoDa Brewing
Oxbow
Perennial Artisan Ales
Pipeworks Brewing
Revolution Brewing
Short’s Brewing
Side Project
Surly
Tired Hands
Toppling Goliath
Trillium Brewing
Upland
Westbrook (especially Mexican Cake)
Wicked Weed

Additionally I have been looking for some specific commercial examples of certain ciders from the 2015 BJCP style guidelines, which are a little tough to find around here. I will list the (sub) categories and the commercial examples for each:

New England Cider
Snowdrift Semi-Draw (WA)
Blackbird Cider Works New England Style (NY)

Applewine
Uncle John's Fruit House Winery Fruit House Apple (MI)
McClure's Sweet Apple Wine (IN)

Cider with other fruit
West County Blueberry-Apple Wine (MA)
Bellwether Cherry Street (NY)
Uncle John's Fruit Farm Winery Apple Cherry, Apple Blueberry, and Apricot Apple Hard Cider (MI)

Ice Cider
various from Eden Ice Cider Company & Champlain Orchards
Domaine Pinnacle
Les Vergers de la Colline
Cidrerie St-Nicolas

Also additionally, I am open to any other local beer that I cannot get in Los Angeles, that you think is good.

Whoops I forgot about posting a list.
OK this worked last time so maybe I'll try it again.

Any of the following breweries:

Alchemist
Carton
Cigar City (except Jai Alai)
Columbus Brewing (especially their IPAs)
de Garde
Fat Head’s Brewery & Saloon
Funkwerks
Grassroots
Hill Farmstead
Kuhnhenn
Lawson’s Finest Liquids
Maine Beer Company
Marble Brewery
Thai Me Up/Melvin Brewing
Minneapolis Town Hall
Moonlight Meadery
NEBCO
New Glarus
NoDa Brewing
Oxbow
Perennial Artisan Ales
Pipeworks Brewing
Revolution Brewing
Short’s Brewing
Side Project
Surly
Tired Hands
Toppling Goliath
Trillium Brewing
Upland
Westbrook (especially Mexican Cake)
Wicked Weed

Additionally I have been looking for some specific commercial examples of certain ciders from the 2015 BJCP style guidelines, which are a little tough to find around here. I will list the (sub) categories and the commercial examples for each:

New England Cider
Snowdrift Semi-Draw (WA)
Blackbird Cider Works New England Style (NY)

Applewine
Uncle John's Fruit House Winery Fruit House Apple (MI)
McClure's Sweet Apple Wine (IN)

Cider with other fruit
West County Blueberry-Apple Wine (MA)
Bellwether Cherry Street (NY)
Uncle John's Fruit Farm Winery Apple Cherry, Apple Blueberry, and Apricot Apple Hard Cider (MI)

Ice Cider
various from Eden Ice Cider Company & Champlain Orchards
Domaine Pinnacle
Les Vergers de la Colline
Cidrerie St-Nicolas

Also additionally, I am open to any other local beer that I cannot get in Los Angeles, that you think is good.

I can grant this.

LIST:

Spencer Trappiste
Hill Farmstead
Any cider from small producers
Anything with limited distribution outside of Ohio
Local/small producer sodas or kombucha are also welcome
Any homebrew that's not overly bitter

I like malty session beers, stouts and porters. I dislike most IPAs.

Is this enough? Too broad?

Back