Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok sorry I didn't post last night but I got stuck at work late and didn't get home till almost 2am. Well here's the bomb WI_Wino sent me. You truly don't understand how much I love NG! I don't know how I left them off my list! When you messaged me asking if I was ok with NG I was confused cause I thought I put them on there but I didn't lol. Btw what are the homebrews? I assume one is a Russian Imperial Stout
View attachment 279639
View attachment 279640
View attachment 279641

You had NG on your list, I just wanted to double check you were cool with only NG beers (I don't think I had access to other breweries on the list, I'm such a noob in this thread). I like them all but Hopster I think is something special. An amarillo dry hopped german wheat beer. All the flavors just work. I am trying to figure out where to fit that into my pipeline.

The homebrews are a Russian Imperial Stout and a Saison. Both are JZ recipes. The RIS was brewed last July and bulked aged for several months before bottling. Definitely ready to drink now. I truly had some indecision on sending that as I only had 5 left :). The saison was just bottled about 2 weeks ago, I would let it sit for at least another week or so. My basement is a cool 62-64F right now so things take a bit longer to carb up. I welcome all feedback on my beer, I just ask you to be honest!

Here's the sweet, sweet line up from hawgwild81. I'm stoked, never had any of these before. Thanks so much!

Your welcome! The cans are a couple of my favorite locals. You can harvest dregs from all the sours except the gose. Enjoy!

You had NG on your list, I just wanted to double check you were cool with only NG beers (I don't think I had access to other breweries on the list, I'm such a noob in this thread). I like them all but Hopster I think is something special. An amarillo dry hopped german wheat beer. All the flavors just work. I am trying to figure out where to fit that into my pipeline.

The homebrews are a Russian Imperial Stout and a Saison. Both are JZ recipes. The RIS was brewed last July and bulked aged for several months before bottling. Definitely ready to drink now. I truly had some indecision on sending that as I only had 5 left :). The saison was just bottled about 2 weeks ago, I would let it sit for at least another week or so. My basement is a cool 62-64F right now so things take a bit longer to carb up. I welcome all feedback on my beer, I just ask you to be honest!

I will gladly give you honest feedback, may be a little over a week before I get into these but I will let you know!

Added a few. Really would love the heady but if you think you have something that is worthy of celebrating my baby girl's birth then I'll be good with that.

Bump. Thought this wouldn't be too hard but maybe it is just the holiday/start of summer.

Heady topper or focal banger
Any Russian River
Jester king (Any but noble king or mad Meg )
Toppling Goliath
Modern times (not protocosmos)
Gandhi bot or sea hag

Any great sours, farmhouse, saisons not found in Pennsylvania or ohio.

I'm expecting my first baby in 5 weeks so I don't know how much I'll be drinking so not looking for a ton of hoppy, drink quick stuff. If you have some things you think would be worthy of celebrating a newborn then that would be great. Just pm me with any questions.

Whoops forgot to quote the list I had up.

That New Glarus package is awesome. I have had half them and not one disappointment.

I will gladly give you honest feedback, may be a little over a week before I get into these but I will let you know!

I tried a couple of the saison over the weekend and they are definitely carbed up. I primed on the higher end so just in case, you may want to open in the sink. You'll probably be fine though.

Here is my list. Going to keep it simple to keep this thing moving.

Surprise me with your fresh local iPas or fruit saisons.

Cheers!!

I didn't know I was allowed to post a list!

1. Any US brewed Gose not by Anderson Valley, victory, or distihl.

2. Any HB you are proud of.

3. Any good thirst quencher (lawn mowing beer) not distributed to Indiana. I want your local Pilsners, lagers, light ales, or watered down skeederpee

4. Anything with the term bourbon barrel on the label.

5. Yeah, I won't turn down anything hoppy either.

6. Ignore the previous five and send me some beer I might not have had and we will call it good.

Westbrook - Gose
NEBCO - Sea Hag
Terrapin - Liquid Bliss, Wake n Bake
Cigar City - Jai Alai
Modern Times - any
Russian River - any
Crooked Stave - any
Penrose - any
Solemn Oath - any
Vivant - any
Wicked Weed - any
The Brew Kettle - any
Fatheads - any

I like sours, funky/farmhouse, stouts, barrel aged stuff and fresh IPAs. If you have only one from the above list, add one from any other local brewery that doesn't distribute to TX. I'll just be happy to try stuff I've never had before.
Will expand if necessary.

Half acre
Wicked Weed
Russian River
Crooked Stave
Funkwerks
Maine Beer Company
Moonlight Meadery (any semi sweet)
Modern Times (blazing world, fortunate times, lomaland)

Those are my top wants. If you can only get one of those breweries, then throw in your local stuff that doesn't get distributed to Ohio. I prefer sours, saisons, belgians, but I'll never say no to hops. Please no coffee beers.

Looking for fresh IPA/DIPA/Pale Ales heavy on the citrus and tropical flavors. I don't like barleywines ans barrel aged beers.

Cigar City: Jai Alai
Fat Heads: Head Hunter
Maine: Another One (added)
Captain Lawrence: IPA (added)
Firestone: Double Jack (added)
Pizza Port: Swami's IPA (added)
Bear Republic: Racer 5 (added)

Any IPA/DIPA/Pale Ale from:
Pipeworks
Revolution
Wicked Weed
Alchemist
Lawsons
Russian River
Tree House
Hill Farmstead

I'll update this later this morning with some more specific beers if it doesn't get picked up.

Definitely look for captain lawrence seeking alpha (thpugh it may be a bit old now) and palate shifter. Both are great!

Here is a start.

Trillium
Treehouse
Hill farmstead
Other half

Also, I love beers from TX

Some examples:

Prairie bomb or variants - OK representing
Anything hoppy from El cumbre
Yellow rose
Austinbeerworks heavy machinery - whichever one is fresh
Hops and grain greenhouse ipa - latest batch
Oasis metamodern

Ultimately for the TX beer I would like anything that you drink on the regular that is tasty that I didn't list I would be happy with.

Also, I love Hans pils. Feel free to throw that in if you see it.

If you choose to send hoppy beers please make sure they are fresh. (preferably canned or bottled in the last few weeks / past month)

Cheers

Ben

Here is a start.

Trillium
Treehouse
Hill farmstead
Other half

Also, I love beers from TX

Some examples:

Prairie bomb or variants
Anything hoppy from El cumbre
Yellow rose
Austinbeerworks heavy machinery - whichever one is fresh
Hops and grain greenhouse ipa - latest batch
Oasis metamodern

Ultimately for the TX beer I would like anything that you drink on the regular that is tasty that I didn't list I would be happy with.

Also, I love Hans pils. Feel free to throw that in if you see it.

If you choose to send hoppy beers please make sure they are fresh. (preferably canned or bottled in the last few weeks / past month)

Cheers

Ben

Prairie is from Oklahoma not Tejas. Don't take the one nationally known brewery from us.

I should be able to do this one but it will take about a week to get everything together.

If this list isn't already taken, I can get you all the Okie beer one can stand. Do you like sours at all? Prairie is putting out a ton of those right now. I believe I have some Bible Belt still and some other bomb variants still in my stash.

Prairie just put out a Belgian Golden Ale bottle conditioned with some funk called Prairie Gold. I have some fresh rough tail IPA which is always a good drinker.

Back