Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cookamunga poptarts. So I opened your "beer" beer... It is like I like my men; Black, chocolaty, and smells like coconut. HA HA HA!!! Joke. My girlfriend is super gorgeous. Anyways. Ya it tastes and smells like a freakin almond joy or something. I love it though. A recipe would be lovely if you happen to have one. Thanks again poptarts. If your other homebrew is anything like the random one that you found in the back of your fridge, I am a happy mang.

Holy Cookamunga poptarts. So I opened your "beer" beer... It is like I like my men; Black, chocolaty, and smells like coconut. HA HA HA!!! Joke. My girlfriend is super gorgeous. Anyways. Ya it tastes and smells like a freakin almond joy or something. I love it though. A recipe would be lovely if you happen to have one. Thanks again poptarts. If your other homebrew is anything like the random one that you found in the back of your fridge, I am a happy mang.

Wow! didn't know any of those were left around! That was an extract kit a friend of mine brewed up back when we were first starting brewing. Its Monkey Business Coconut Porter, from Jaspers. I bet that one was super good being aged for like 9 months. All the bottles of that one had stickers on the cap so I didn't think that that was what it was. The sticker must have got bumped off or something. Let me know what you think of the others, I'm especially excited for you to try The Abyss clone of mine. :mug:
http://www.boomchugalug.com/product/monkey-business-coconut-porter/

There's an eMAW on my doorstep! Hopefully it'll still be there when I get home in 3-4 hours! :p At least the temp's a nice 48 on my porch. :) Thanks, pmcint01! Will post again when I open the package!

Started opening the box thinking...this cant be my eMAW box?!?
Until i got to the buffalo sweat...holy **** man this box was way to generous.

The 4pack and glass is awesome, im a glass fein! Lol

Thx again MustBeZ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391632710.504618.jpg

Thx again MustBeZ!!

Hell of a box right there! Beware of the mole stout :D

Ok, I am back. My Horns took care of business tonight.

I'm going to make this easy. I want to try beer that makes your state/city/region brewery unique (for their regular releases at least).

I traditionally mostly like IPAs, Stouts, Sours, Belgians, really anything unique that I haven't had before. If there is a beer thats truly amazing, but not one of these styles, feel free to include it.

Brands that don't distribute in Texas (and I haven't had before) are:

21st Amendment
Bell's (minus Two Hearted)
Cigar City (minus Jai Alai)
Russian River
New Glarus (non-fruit beers)
Three Floyds
Elysian
The Bruery
Lost Abbey
Jack's Abbey

... just to get started ...

Or if there is any regularly distributed beer that you swear by from your area. I just want to try new stuff. Most of these listed are cool breweries that I've heard of but never tried.

Please check to make sure it's not distributed to Texas. I live in Dallas, so if it's delivered to Texas, I most likely get it. The weirder the better.

BUMP. too bad im in texas lol

Here it goes:

Ghandi bot

Pipeworks Citra ninja

Any new glarus fruit or sour

Any russian river except damnation

Any jester king sour or Brett beer

Any crooked stave sour or Brett beer

Any prarie

Any cascade

Any funky Buddha

Any HF

Westbrook gose

Any 50/50 eclipse

Thx again MustBeZ!!

Glad to see it all got there safely!

I was very close to taking the glass out of there and keeping it for myself but figured what the hell, it's the EMaw after all!

Hope you enjoy them!

Here it goes:

Ghandi bot

Pipeworks Citra ninja

Any prarie

Any cascade

Any funky Buddha

Any HF

Westbrook gose

Any 50/50 eclipse

We could have just traded. :D

Here it goes:

Ghandi bot

Pipeworks Citra ninja

Any prarie

Any cascade

Any funky Buddha

Any HF

Westbrook gose

Any 50/50 eclipse

Just so you know, those are like $25-35 bottles

Ghandi bot

Pipeworks Citra ninja

Any prarie

Any cascade

Any funky Buddha

Any HF

Westbrook gose

Edited.. :)

Philly prices are at around 28.50 each...which means everybody else is about 25ish

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Gotcha.. Didn't realize they were so pricey.. Had a buffalo trace at a bottle share.. Good but definitely not worth 25+ IMO

Philly prices are at around 28.50 each...which means everybody else is about 25ish

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Chicagos markup has you beat. On beermenus my quick check didn't show anything under 29.99(plus the outrageous Illinois alcohol tax). Most places were showing 32.99 :-/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

I received my MAWe from pmcint01 yesterday and everything looks great! No sign of any freezing, so it looks like we made the right decision to wait a few days. :) Thank you so much for your generosity! I can't wait to dig in! I'm going to start tonight with a Nugget Nectar and go from there. :mug:

The Score
2x Tröegs - Nugget Nectar
2x Monk's Cafe - Flemish Sour Ale
DuClaw - Sweet Baby Jesus!
Moonlight Meadery - Kurt's Apple Pie
Moonlight Meadery - Wild
Weyerbacher - Riserva 2012
Hoppin' Frog - BA B.O.R.I.S. 2011
The Bruery - Rueuze

Again, Thank you so much! I can't wait to enjoy these! They all look amazing! :D

photo.jpg

I received my MAWe from pmcint01 yesterday and everything looks great! No sign of any freezing, so it looks like we made the right decision to wait a few days. :) Thank you so much for your generosity! I can't wait to dig in! I'm going to start tonight with a Nugget Nectar and go from there. :mug:

The Score
Moonlight Meadery - Wild
The Bruery - Rueuze

Again, Thank you so much! I can't wait to enjoy these! They all look amazing! :D

Wow, that was hooked up!

The Score
Moonlight Meadery - Wild
The Bruery - Rueuze

Sweet baby jesus fits this EMAW haul! That looks more like a regular MAW trade. Nice work pmcint01, very generous of you! :mug:

Hell no! Ive only had one, I should probably have some more for further analysis.

lol ok then, maybe I'll add another to the box then.
At the brewery they do all sorts of nifty things with that beer. I want to make the trip down there one day just to try the SBJ brewed with Snickers.
Springhouse makes a REALLY good one with their Big Gruesome.

At the brewery they do all sorts of nifty things with that beer. I want to make the trip down there one day just to try the SBJ brewed with Snickers.

No need to unpack and repack, Im sure you already have enough in there! Snickers?! Now you are rubbing it in ;) That sounds amazing.

No need to unpack and repack, Im sure you already have enough in there! Snickers?! Now you are rubbing it in ;) That sounds amazing.

They do a few variants on it...chipotle, banana, coconut, Grand Marnier, raspberries, snickers. The things you could do with the base beer is really endless.

They do a few variants on it...chipotle, banana, coconut, Grand Marnier, raspberries, snickers. The things you could do with the base beer is really endless.

Damn... Those sound awesome! Banana + Peanut Butter stout? Umm, hell yes?!! I think I need a mixed 6-pack of all variants!

That Big Gruesome has been on my wish list for some time. Is it readily available where you are?

Ghandi bot

Pipeworks Citra ninja

Any prarie

Any cascade

Any funky Buddha

Any HF

Westbrook gose

Edited.. :)