CP's Brew Chart 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPooley4

Reaction score
[ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/444919794/CP_s_Brew_Chart.xls[/ame]

This is a pretty extensive upgrade to my previous version. If you are considering buying brew software I would recommend downloading this first to see if you really need to spend that money. You should find that this will allow you to:

1. Design recipes with just about all ingredients at your finger tips. Each of those ingredients has detailed info as to their profile and how to use. Just scroll over any of them to see the information.
2. Your brewday is made much easier as well. The brewday section takes care of all the math for you. All you need to do is concentrate on your brewing and make sure to input the necessary information to the chart. It will calculate your expected OG post boil and make recommendations on what you can do to hit your target gravity if your expected gravity is off. You'll also be able to make hop schedule adjustments prior to boiling as well based upon the wort you've got on brewday.
3. Use TH's ez water calc along with ajdelange's water profile recommendations.
4. The yeast pitch tab gives you detailed information on the amount of cells you need for the beer you're making. Let's you know how to get there with liquid yeast or how many packets of dry yeast you'll need. Very similar to Mr. Malty.
5. Very detailed bottle priming calculator with recommended carb levels for each style of beer.
6. BJCP guidelines tab has all of the style guidelines at your finger tips.
7. Designing beers tab is an idea I have as well. I have one beer style there at this time. Want to see what people think. Info was primarily from Ray Daniel's Designing Great Beers book along with some other sources.

All told I wanted to have something that allowed me to design a recipe with all necessary information to do so right in front of me. Got tired of sitting at a table with books, guidelines, etc... all over the place. This allows me to do that. Also wanted to have something that I could take from recipe design all the way to first taste while tracking all the details. This allows you to do just that as well.

I use this for every beer I make. I created a brew folder and have a folder within that folder for each style of beer that I brew (APA, Porter, Kolsch, etc...). You would do a "save as" for each beer and save it in that styles folder. That allows me to have a record of every beer I brew while still having the original program for a new beer.

I have a couple of other ideas for down the road as well. Tab for keeping track of your ingredient inventory, kegging how to/pressure calculator, etc... If there is something that you feel would be a good addition please don't hesitate to say so. I'll also be working on getting this converted to a google doc as well. For some reason it will not map correctly, but I'll get it figured out.

Hope you enjoy it.

cp

Back