Coupler welding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also put in a Y at the regulator. Use a Y with valves so you can adjust flown and easily turn off the Backgas side when not needed.

I'm sure you could but I just have an extra tank, depending on how far your work is from your welder you might need a pretty long hose though.

Pat

You can also put in a Y at the regulator. Use a Y with valves so you can adjust flown and easily turn off the Backgas side when not needed.

I got a "T" for before the flow-meter from my local welding shop and bought a cheap flow-meter off eBay. Total about 40 bucks. I was afraid of not being able to control the flow ell enough if I only used a Y after the flow-meter.

I got a "T" for before the flow-meter from my local welding shop and bought a cheap flow-meter off eBay. Total about 40 bucks. I was afraid of not being able to control the flow ell enough if I only used a Y after the flow-meter.

That is even better. I was going on the cheap.

Hi Pat. Yours is the best solution of course. My idea is the down and dirty way to get the job done. My hose is plenty long. As far as I'm concerned.

That is even better. I was going on the cheap.

Hi Pat. Yours is the best solution of course. My idea is the down and dirty way to get the job done. My hose is plenty long. As far as I'm concerned.

Ya I heard you guy"s from Iowa where built that way !

I bought a y that had shutoffs on each side. I think the use them to run multiple torch hoses from one tank. I put it after the flow meter and ran some of the cheap clear tubing from the hardware store for purging. The y was $35. Works for me, but not the expienced pros like here. Never ran anything other than just argon. It only takes one time of paying someone to "sugar" you up to learn to do it yourself. :)

Ya I heard you guy"s from Iowa where built that way !

I'm German so "it's" Metric ha ha!

I was given a couple extra Miller orifice meters with my 251 purchase, Victor ball flow meters are on the Tig and Mig machines. These orifice meters suck JMO but handy if you Y'ed after the regulator before the flow meter for your back gassing requirements. This way to prevent torch gas flow variations turning the back gassing on and off. Before this i've back gassed off the 260 Mig C25 bottle.

Back