Correct glasses for styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah? They sell those at the fair?
I've never been able to make myself go to one of those despite my love of big smoked turkey legs.

Should have quite a selection, at least they do at the other faires in the area and Scarborough is quite large.

I enjoy the faires, but not too many reasons to go unless you like drinking, eating, drinking, raunchy comedians, drinking, and cleavage. (plus shopping for the lady friends)

rico567 said:
I just drank a rye IPA out of a dimple mug. I am so declassé......

If I ever open a brewery, I'm just going to get some mason jars and put our logo on them. Simple enough.

If I ever open a brewery, I'm just going to get some mason jars and put our logo on them. Simple enough.

Why don't you just use red solo cups?

I don't care what you drink your beer out of, but I do care how I drink mine. I'm not haughty, but I am particular about food and drink. I do think the glassware has an effect on the flavor, and of course the presentation.

I'm drinking a Flanders Red out of a tulip now. Mason jar? Not for me.

For a while i was drinking everything out of a snifter.I get bored of some glasses.I dont really enjoy drinking an ipa out of a tulip everytime either,sometimes just a mug or pint,i seem to favor my coke style/shaped glass i have or the SS tulip pub pint glass.I miss the henekin tulip pub glass i had which fit a 12 oz beer better.Which probably was my favorite till it slipped.

passedpawn said:
Why don't you just use red solo cups?

I don't care what you drink your beer out of, but I do care how I drink mine. I'm not haughty, but I am particular about food and drink. I do think the glassware has an effect on the flavor, and of course the presentation.

I'm drinking a Flanders Red out of a tulip now. Mason jar? Not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of beer glasses in different styles and I use them all the time, but i'd like to think that if I had a brewery the beer would do the talking, and mason jars are such an iconic "laid back" southern thing... I think people would get a kick out of it.

They do mason jars only here at a Resturant/bar called The Rodeo which has some local beers on tap(about 36 w/commercial beers).With a riding bull and everything. Alot of southern style food and very heavy helpings as well. When i think of mason jars -i tend to think of light beers though.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of beer glasses in different styles and I use them all the time, but i'd like to think that if I had a brewery the beer would do the talking, and mason jars are such an iconic "laid back" southern thing... I think people would get a kick out of it.

for some reason i can't drink from mason jars anymore, without getting the dribble glass effect from the threads. I don't ever remember having this problem in the past, but then again i don't remember the past so well. maybe i had thicker lips back then.

for some reason i can't drink from mason jars anymore, without getting the dribble glass effect from the threads. I don't ever remember having this problem in the past, but then again i don't remember the past so well. maybe i had thicker lips back then.

Happens to me too, but i think thicker lips would just make the problem worse. We are talking about the past, so your lips were probably smaller/thinner back then, giving you a tighter seal. Either that or you just didn't give a crap about the dribbles and never made a mental note of it.

Lagunitas has mason jar-style pint glasses they had made specifically for them with their logo in the glass. The rims don't have threads. They also use 2 liter mason jars for growlers.

Back