Sight Glass Seals/Gaskets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for Sight Glass seals/gaskets? I've looked at BreweryGaskets, but they are out of stock. Can't seem to locate another source online.

I have two sight glasses, both have a 1-1/2" glass tube, but differ in the outer dimensions. One is 2-3/8" OD x 1-1/2" ID with a raised lip and the other one is 2" OD x 1-3/8" ID.

Attachments

• Sight Glass 1 seal.jpg
    Sight Glass 1 seal.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 0
  • Sight Glass-1.jpg
    Sight Glass-1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
I can confirm that the gaskets I got from Conical Fermenter, DO NOT work as well for a sight glass seal. The gaskets are flat and do not protect the glass from the wall of the housing, due to the lack of a ridge. They do seal pretty well and could be used in a pinch, and since I had to order 10, I guess that is how they will be used.

The Dernord seals worked great for my smaller sight glass and were identical, except for the material, as my original gasket.

I'm still searching for a replacement seal for the larger sight glass.

I can confirm that the gaskets I got from Conical Fermenter, DO NOT work as well for a sight glass seal. The gaskets are flat and do not protect the glass from the wall of the housing, due to the lack of a ridge. They do seal pretty well and could be used in a pinch, and since I had to order 10, I guess that is how they will be used.

The Dernord seals worked great for my smaller sight glass and were identical, except for the material, as my original gasket.

I'm still searching for a replacement seal for the larger sight glass.
Dunno if you care to order from Canada, but;
https://www.equinoxstainless.com/sight-glass-2/gasket-glass-tube-for-sight-glass-31420gkt100-group

Back