Corny's won't hold pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhapnin

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the lids on my corny to seal. I just got three new kegs that were pressurized when I got them so I know they were sealing tight. I had to relieve pressure just to open them. Now I am trying to clean them, filled them water, started shaking and water sprays everywhere. I replaced the main lid gasket (o-ring). Same problem. This is defying logic. Any advice?

you might have to hit them with major pressure. i can seal most of my kegs with 10 psi. another 1 i have to hit with 30 psi after turning it around, moving the gasket, standing on 1 foot while reciting the constitution backwards, then chanting every led zeppelin song in russian.

+1 on pressurizing. I have one that is just like you said... Leaks when I am cleaning it. I hit it with 12psi and it's tight as a drum and will stay sealed.

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

Like most stated they don't usually seal unless pressurized. If you need them to seal without pressure( like to ferment in) you can get the oversize soft o rings from Williams brewing.

I guess I have just been lucky before. I just hit it with 15 psi and it locked right up. I don't keg more than a few times a year but never had to do this before. One was really tough but the other was no big deal.

Back