Corny Pin Lock Posts - Impossible to Find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engliska

Reaction score
The pins on one of my gas posts recently broke off (I have 3 Cornelius pin locks) and I've been trying to find a replacement online with no luck. Some stores list them as out of stock if at all...is there now a shortage of pin lock parts? I thought pin lock was the new thing? Do I need to panic...huh? huh?

The pins on one of my gas posts recently broke off (I have 3 Cornelius pin locks) and I've been trying to find a replacement online with no luck. Some stores list them as out of stock if at all...is there now a shortage of pin lock parts? I thought pin lock was the new thing? Do I need to panic...huh? huh?

Man, I have some that I could sell you.

Sweet! Thanks!

That solves my short term problem...but what about the long term? Should I consider converting my stuff to ball lock?

If you're worried, go for it. But I don't see any reason to. I just acquired 30 pin locks in 3 gallon size and an additional 13 in 5 gallon size. I'm considering keeping the 5 gallon ones and selling off my ball locks. Because these pin locks are in AWESOME shape.

These are the 5 gallon kegs
image_zps0cdecee2.jpg

Thanks, grabbed a few from those dudes. It looks like from the text on their site that they are not manufacturing them anymore?

If you're worried, go for it. But I don't see any reason to. I just acquired 30 pin locks in 3 gallon size and an additional 13 in 5 gallon size. I'm considering keeping the 5 gallon ones and selling off my ball locks. Because these pin locks are in AWESOME shape.

These are the 5 gallon kegs
image_zps0cdecee2.jpg

Can you tell if the release valves in your plastic lids original? I have plastic lids on some of my 3g kegs and they have no release at all.

Can you tell if the release valves in your plastic lids original? I have plastic lids on some of my 3g kegs and they have no release at all.

Yes all original. From this same haul, I also got (qty: 30) 3 gallon kegs and some of them also have plastic lids. I think the guy swapped the lids. I think the red ones go on the 3 gallon kegs.

Back