corny keg post to camlock - Fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyphaeon

Reaction score
Anyone one know the fittings needed to go from a corny post to a camlock (male)? To specify I'd like to remove the quick release (gas or liquid) and install an elbow to a camlock. I will use this Corny as a HLT.
Thanks!

I doubt you're goign to be able to find any fittings to do exactly that from the post. At best it would be multiple pieces to go from a flare and step up in size to the camlock. I imagine you could rig up a quick disconnect to a piece of tubing, then get the male camlock fitting that goes into a piece of tube. Your problem is goign to be that the diameter of the diptube/ hose for the special QD & camblock fitting, is going to be pretty restrictive.

Just a hunch, but I think you'll be very unhappy with the flow rate. That's a very small hole.

That being said, ChiCompany.net has a bunch of adapters for Corny and Firestone. You'll need to take the weird non-standard flare threads to NPT, then step it up with a bushing to 1/2" for the cam.

I don't know what type keg you have so I can't point you to the exact one, but you should find the adapter you need here. It will adapt it to 1/4" pipe thread and then you would need to get an adapter to 1/2" pipe to mate with a cam lock fitting.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Looked around a bit and think that my best bet might be just to drill it out and solder in a bulkhead. The post is leaky anyways and I think dfess1 is probably right - the flow will suck.

Back