Cornhole Board Builds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens at Cornhole stays at Cornhole!

(Seriously, though, I'd love to build a portable cornhole game myself. Something with latches that closes up into a fairly small package with everything contained within.)

I've been planning to make a set for myself with football season coming.
Will post pictures if/when I get around to making them.

I building mine now. Just waiting for the decals to finish them up

Where did you find Steelers decals?
I was just going to paint mine.
Have had some epic drunk games in the past. Friends boards all rotted though. Time for me to take over hosting them.

Approves of this thread.

cornholio.jpg

What happens at Cornhole stays at Cornhole!

(Seriously, though, I'd love to build a portable cornhole game myself. Something with latches that closes up into a fairly small package with everything contained within.)

I made mine latch together and holds the bags inside, it's cool, but it's HEAVY. I made mine with 2x4s and like 1/2" ply. Seen way too many drunk people stand on boards, so I made them sturdy. Don't think i have any pics on hand though. I also went "non regulation" and made them a little shorter. Oh well.

I made mine latch together and holds the bags inside, it's cool, but it's HEAVY. I made mine with 2x4s and like 1/2" ply. Seen way too many drunk people stand on boards, so I made them sturdy. Don't think i have any pics on hand though. I also went "non regulation" and made them a little shorter. Oh well.

I wasn't planning on making mine out of 2x4s, but your cautionary tale is making me consider it.

Meh, I'll probably just go with 1x and see what happens.

My big problem is going to be deciding what logo to put on them. I graduated from Ferris State, my daughter went to Western Michigan and Michigan State.

All I know is I'm not putting the LIONS logo on there!

I know a guy with a laser engraver. I bet he could etch a nice design to sit under the finish...

I know a guy with a laser engraver. I bet he could etch a nice design to sit under the finish...

Yeah I have a lot of cool, nerdy ideas. Burning some real geek pictures on it from video games or just a layer of beer caps covered in epoxy. The likely outcome however, will probably be 2x4 and 1/2 ply. Because the drunks.

My friend didn't paint mine, but she's painted others. She did a really cool tasmanian devil cartoon, with the mouth as the hole. She's talented. I am not. Mine is plain, and I bought it from a guy who built it since I have no woodworking talent at all.

I love the idea of cartoon characters and the mouth being the hole. You could probably do something beer related, and that would be great in my opinion!

Now I know what corn hole boards are. seen that game a bunch in the states.

I guess it's not called "chucking the bean-bag into the hole in the ramp"

It's caled corn-hole, corn-holeing?

Now I know what corn hole boards are. seen that game a bunch in the states.

I guess it's not called "chucking the bean-bag into the hole in the ramp"

It's caled corn-hole, corn-holeing?

Call it what you want. It pairs wonderfully with the game of drink.

We say, "hey, wanna go throw **** at ****?" .

Since I have nothing better to do while I rebuild my NAS backup system, I am wondering what kind of plywood would be best. I want it to be nice-looking, but not terribly expensive. I'll coat with a matte poly over the design.

A guy at work from Wisconsin has made a couple. He integrated cupholders that flip out from the back legs, so when you are throwing you can set your drink down. Of course when you aren't throwing you're drinking, so there is no risk of spilled beer. I think the cupholders were built into the legs so you could fold the cupholders up, then fold both the cupholders and legs into the back of the cornhole box for storage/transport.

So what is a cornhole player referred to as?

Pouch pitcher?

Sack hurler?

or most simply......a tosser?

I mean, man up. Play horseshoes.

Since I have nothing better to do while I rebuild my NAS backup system, I am wondering what kind of plywood would be best. I want it to be nice-looking, but not terribly expensive. I'll coat with a matte poly over the design.

Lots of hardware stores seem to sell pre-cut pieces of plywood in varying grades. I would pick a decent one of those if available. I think I used some C grade and sanded it down, then covered with a few layers of poly sealer/stain. Looks good and has stood up great in the last 3 or so years. If doing it over, i'd just start with better plywood and not waste time sanding.

Lots of hardware stores seem to sell pre-cut pieces of plywood in varying grades. I would pick a decent one of those if available. I think I used some C grade and sanded it down, then covered with a few layers of poly sealer/stain. Looks good and has stood up great in the last 3 or so years. If doing it over, i'd just start with better plywood and not waste time sanding.

I see Lowes has 2' x 4' plywood that pretty much ready to go. $15 each, so about $40 total in materials not including any design work.

It's called Bags.

Cornhole... smh.

People around here are affixing those cheap plastic shower backsplash panels to the top and getting vinyl decals printed up and applied.

Pretty sweet when they're done. Something like this:

il_570xN.551455991_te45.jpg

Learning a great deal from this thread.

Cornholing, goatse. What else is there to know?

Really beginning to question my lack of meme knowledge. Thanks HBT community.

*hangs head in shameful embarrasment*

Learning a great deal from this thread.

Cornholing, goatse. What else is there to know?

Really beginning to question my lack of meme knowledge. Thanks HBT community.

*hangs head in shameful embarrasment*

Two girls, one cup.
You're welcome.

@homercidal those plywood pieces should work well.
I've thought about making some, but I just never got around to it and really I only play while out so...

Two girls, one cup.
You're welcome.

@homercidal those plywood pieces should work well.
I've thought about making some, but I just never got around to it and really I only play while out so...

Two girls, One cup...

NO thank you!

:drunk:

I have a basic design in Solidworks. Just need to add cupholders! :cross:

How about cakefarts?

Seriously though, what happened to this thread.

Yeah. Bad deal.
This had wholesome written all over it with potential for some really cool ideas.
Maybe next time.

"Corn hole". I think y'all mean "bean-bag toss", which is a game for small children. Much like beer pong and flip cup.

I much prefer washers, if we're going to throw **** at **** while getting ****faced. Or as properly pronounced in my native East Texas dialect, "warshers".

Or horseshoes. Commonly referred to as "horshers".

Building a cornhole set was on my to-do list for this summer. And last summer. And probably for several summers before that.

I'll get around to it eventually.

A guy at work from Wisconsin has made a couple. He integrated cupholders that flip out from the back legs, so when you are throwing you can set your drink down. Of course when you aren't throwing you're drinking, so there is no risk of spilled beer. I think the cupholders were built into the legs so you could fold the cupholders up, then fold both the cupholders and legs into the back of the cornhole box for storage/transport.

Cupholders!?!?! Brilliant. Because I have spilled my beer every single time I've played this game, even with the 2 year old grandson.

Cupholder! Must do. Since I have no desire to build anything, maybe I can just staple a firm koozie on the the back. Then I could get my drink in and out easily, and not spill while I toss.

Homer, you are brilliant!

Cupholders!?!?! Brilliant. Because I have spilled my beer every single time I've played this game, even with the 2 year old grandson.

Cupholder! Must do. Since I have no desire to build anything, maybe I can just staple a firm koozie on the the back. Then I could get my drink in and out easily, and not spill while I toss.

Homer, you are brilliant!

Oh, well, if you want to make it EASY for yourself, go right ahead!

I'm currently trying to talk my wife into helping me build these. She says she thinks we have one in our camper, but I'm pretty sure we don't.

I find it amusing to think about the two of us working on anything like this together. She doesn't know what she's doing and I can't make any decisions and I always forget things.

I think we'd be prefect together! :mug:

lawn-drink-holders-xl.jpg

I think these are a much better option. If you get the 3-4 ft tall ones, they make for fun targets to hit with the bag. When positioned poorly, a direct hit can shower your friends with beer.

You've got me second guessing building cupholders into the cornhole board.

I'm almost sold on these things you've posted, but I probably won't be convinced unless I get to see them with actual beer in them.

Back