Corn Sugar vs Table Sugar in Cherry Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bauerbrewery1989

Reaction score
I've been making cherry wine for some time know, and have always used table sugar. Well I was planning on making another batch pretty soon, and wondered if there would be a difference in flavor if I used corn sugar. I know when making cider I get a cleaner flavor with corn vs table, but didn't know if it would be a huge difference in flavor for wine. The wine always comes out great with the table sugar but wanted to know if it would come out different with a more simple sugar. I use the JackKeller recipe for canned cherry wine, except I use 3 cans instead of 2.

I've been making cherry wine for some time know, and have always used table sugar. Well I was planning on making another batch pretty soon, and wondered if there would be a difference in flavor if I used corn sugar. I know when making cider I get a cleaner flavor with corn vs table, but didn't know if it would be a huge difference in flavor for wine. The wine always comes out great with the table sugar but wanted to know if it would come out different with a more simple sugar. I use the JackKeller recipe for canned cherry wine, except I use 3 cans instead of 2.

Corn sugar and table sugar are very similar in composition, and I don't think you'd notice a difference in using it.

Alright, thank you. Since corn sugar is a more simple sugar I didn't know if that would make a difference.

Latest posts

Back