Coors Light Keg for kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonepalm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First keg i have been able to procure for a keggle build is an empty Coors Light keg. I'm slightly worried that it is going to cause more trouble than good.

The mid-section sticks out a bit, so i am worried that i won't be able to install a sight tube as that part bumps out some...i'll post a pic of it when i get home.

jr

I'm guessing that it looks like one of these?

Easter+Kegs.jpg

You can still add a sight tube, you would just need to extend the external fitting out past the bulge. Or you could bend the sight tube around the bulge since it does not have to be straight to read the level.

The simplest and cheapest way is to just forget about the sight glass and scratch markings onto your brew spoon.

CLOSE MINE IS MINT GREEN!

:p

If i extend the fitting i'm guessing that i would have to buy a longer thermometer. And then a longer eye bolt ...

CLOSE MINE IS MINT GREEN!

:p

If i extend the fitting i'm guessing that i would have to buy a longer thermometer. And then a longer eye bolt ...

Yep, which is why in your case, you might be better served by trying to heat and bend the tubing (if using rigid), or try and make a sight glass out of flexible high temp tubing.

Back