Coopers Brewing Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyJR

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the newer style Coopers home brewing kit? It is an all in one type fermenting bucket without an airlock so I am not sure how long to leave my Irish stout (only my second brew) in before I bottle. The lid fits fairly snug so I assume I am not really letting any air in while primary fermentation occurs, but what about if I leave it in for three weeks. The coopers directions and video are less than precise and pretty much say to bottle not too long after primary fermentation as long as the S.G. Is stable.

Thanks in advance. I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally join the group. Have learned a lot in a short time here.

image-2558438961.jpg

I have this FV and love it. It does not have a bubbler which is ok cause it lets the gas out by lifting the lid. The best way to know when to bottle is by taking gravity measurements. When you get the same gravity 2 days in a row it is done. However since you do not secondary with this setup leave it in there for another week. I keep mine in for 3 weeks minimum and bottle straight from the PV. Be patient, and keep it in there at least three weeks. And bottle condition for 4 months and you will love this beer

Thanks cooldood! I am planning on an extra three to four weeks in the FV. Is there any trick to figuring out how long to leave it before bottling or just kind of go off others experiences posted here?

I start taking hydrometer readings after a week. If I get the same number two days in a row the fermentation is done but the yeast will continue to clear up the beer for quite some time. High gravity beers will take longer then GL. Generaly I would say I never bottle less than two weeks and not more than 4

In my observations,it takes no more than 3-7 days for it to clean up & settle out clear or slightly misty. I've got a dark lager in my Cooper's micro brew fermenter now. Mine take about 3 weeks to finish,clean up & settle out. Leaving it a few weeks will be fine. Just gives more time to condition while you're gone. Just make sure everythings all set before leaving.

My rule of thumb is three weeks in the primary fermenter followed by three weeks of bottle conditioning. Three weeks in the bottle is minimum before I even crack the first one. It usually gets better with more aging.

I've got 10-12 batches done this way in my Cooper's DIY fermenter and so far no problems.

Same here with the Cooper's micro brew fermenter. It's the one marketed before the DIY version. It's still available here & there.

Back