Cool homemade Christmas present..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy just dropped by and game me a set of homemade glasses he made from 22oz bottles, and a bottle opener from a shell casing.

I thought it was pretty cool. Not sure how he rounded the rim on the glasses, but that was considerate of him! lol

249860_408499972561416_2011681402_n.jpg

It's one of those Ronco things from the old infomercials. My parents had one for cutting bottles like that. They gave some kind of sandpaper for shaping/smoothing the rim too.

Nice, I'll have to look it up. he gave me 6 glasses, I think I might and try to make a few more.

Super cool. He also engraved my name in the bottom of one of them.

Looks like an aluminum oxide stone in that drill press. I used those to polish head ports after using a garnet stone to port them.

How does that bottle opener work? From the angle in the picture it just looks like a whistle to me.

My imagination is also pretty limited when it comes to bottle opening implements, I'm spoiled by always having my keychain opener on me at all times.

Back