Cooking With Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 to beer-cooked brats.

I've also made pancakes with a little vanilla porter in the batter and jambalaya with amber ale in place of some of the broth.

I also have a German recipe for a chocolate gingerbread cake with bock in it. I've only made it once, but it tasted really good.

Here's a look at the hot tub.

image-3886227823.jpg

I bought this a while ago:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/171100145070?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I will admit...flavors don't general transmit well but the chicken is so moist.

I do beer bread all the time, usually with Belgians.

Finally I should really post my spent grain BBQ chicken recipe. I do a homemade stout-BBQ sauce and it was so amazing.

Also, I agree that you need to be careful using IPAs/hoppy beers with delicate meals. They generally get a strange bitterness that is not well suited for the meal.

Recently had an IPA jam! Way more delicious than you would expect. Bought it at a farmers market and the recipe is really simple. The trick is boiling the beer very fast so you don't change the flavor by reducing it. Just add sugar and the jelly stuff...

I regularly use recycled yeast for pizza, pretzels, and bread.

I made an excellent corned beef, braised with an imperial stout.

Cooking experiment, bone in chuck roast marinading two bottles of chocolate stout. Tomorrow I will pour out half liquid, add potatoes, onions and carrots and let it sit in the crock pot for 6-8 hours.

image-942978139.jpg

I regularly use recycled yeast for pizza, pretzels, and bread.

I made an excellent corned beef, braised with an imperial stout.

Rhumbline, I'm curious how you go about this. Just sub in washed yeast for dry bakers yeast? how much recycled yeast would you use for a pizza dough?

Rhumbline, I'm curious how you go about this. Just sub in washed yeast for dry bakers yeast? how much recycled yeast would you use for a pizza dough?

I usually make a large batch, I'll make a starter using a cup of flour, a tablespoon or so of yeast, honey or sugar and a cup of warm water. I'm not real scientific about it. It's very forgiving.

This is used for a batch using six to seven cups of flour. I roll out several pizzas to freeze and use the rest fresh for whatever, the dough is great for pretzels, cheese sticks, calzones, etc.

Please do. I've made a couple BBQ sauces using stouts, but haven't been completely satisfied with them.

Don't think I have forgotten about this. I usually check HBT at work and my recipe is at home. Sorry for the delay but I promise I'll get to it

Cheesy_Goodness said:
How did this go?

I let it sit for 24 hours, poured out half the liquid, threw in potatoes, mushrooms, carrots and celery. I put it in the crock pot for 8 hours on low and it's damned delicious. I added some onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Deffinately give it a try.

image-51030372.jpg

Latest posts

Back