Corned beef brisket: bulk equivalent to those seasoning packets for cooking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxStout

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I'm ready to tuck into a corned beef brisket for St. Paddy's Day, I'm always a bit disappointed in the quantity of seasoning that comes with the meat. A little packet with a gram or two of seasoning. I cook the brisket all day in a slow cooker. With the amount of water needed to cover the meat, I find that little packet does not stretch far enough to give its flavor. I do like what's in the packet, and want that flavor, just that I'd like to use more of it. Ideally, I'd like to buy some of the same stuff in bulk.

My problem is that various online searches haven't turned up what I'm looking for. I see either the seasoning for curing the meat, or lots of various "pickling spices." I'm looking for a bulk equivalent of the stuff that comes in the little packets, as we make brisket several times a year. I'm not interested in making up my own from scratch, as it involves a half dozen or so ingredients.

Anyone have a good equivalent?

Latest posts

Back