Cooking while beer is brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sderenthal

Reaction score
I was making a pumpkin ale and while it was boiling I stepped away for a little while not worrying about it. When I came back I saw my wife started to cook peppers and onions with garlic for dinner right next to my wort. Is there a chance that the smell could have contaminated my beer or am I just being paranoid?

I think you are fine i doubt it has any effect at all and best plan of action is to thank your wife for making dinner

I dunno. It's best to be safe. After you bottle/keg it you can send it to me and I'll let you know if it was ruined :fro:

When I brew inside I usually knock out dinner while I'm at it. I make a lot of curries from scratch (lots of onion) and I haven't had an onion beer yet.

I have cooked food next to my wort inside and smoked and BBQ next to it outside and never picked up a flavor that I can tell I would again say no worries and please do let us know how it comes out

Latest posts

Back