Converting my tap fridge back to a regular fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqualab

Reaction score
Hi,
I am converting my laboratory fridge that I had previously changed into a three tapper back into a regular fridge (no taps) and I'm trying to figure out how I can cover/fill/plug the three holes in the door so that it looks decent. Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated. I looked online and all that comes up is converting to a tap fridge... I'm sure that there must be some ingenious way to do this. Expanding foam should do the trick as far as insulation.

Thanks,
Bill

Seems like a decent piece of stainless steel plating (or whatever) would do the trick. Epoxy it on and fill the holes with that expanding foam...

Hi,
I am converting my laboratory fridge that I had previously changed into a three tapper back into a regular fridge (no taps) and I'm trying to figure out how I can cover/fill/plug the three holes in the door so that it looks decent. Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated. I looked online and all that comes up is converting to a tap fridge... I'm sure that there must be some ingenious way to do this. Expanding foam should do the trick as far as insulation.

Thanks,
Bill
I'd go with something like this on the outside and inside:
https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Snap-Hole-Plugs-Holes/dp/B00JWZB1O8

That was just the first result from a search. Plenty of different sizes and colors/finishes available.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll measure the openings and see what I can find in hole plugs and caps.

Magnets lol .....I'm not sure .
Stickers!

Depending on where the fridge is and/or how picky you are about how it looks, some bigger magnets/stickers might get the job done. This came up on a google image search:

big-refrigerator-magnets-game-boy-fridge-bang-theory.jpg

I can't believe there are this many replies and nobody suggested Duct tape.

Just a suggestion, maybe a pic could be helpful to see the problem. I was thinking bondo or gorilla hair, but that may look terrible if its stainless steel.

Don’t do it!
But if you do... use spray insulation foam then place your favorite stickers over the holes. [emoji482]

Plug em from the back side via Great Stuff and some Gorilla tape. For aesthetics I guess you could bolt a mail slot on the front?

Back