Controller imfo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovage

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a single vessel EBIAB setup. However I don't have the skill or the patience to build a control panel/box. What are some of the prebuilt units available for a 220v element? I'm having a difficult time tracking down what I want. So far iv run across the Brew Commander, and one from InkBird.

Electric Brewing Supply also offers a 30amp BIAB panel. $575 pre-assembled and $375 if you get the DIY kit. I got the DIY kit as we were near them and I could pick it up. If I were to do it again I'd probably get the Brew Commander.

I am a EE and was looking forward to building a panel for my brewery. After a lot of reading - I read Kal’s Electric Brewing ebook cover to cover, watching videos and talking with others, I went with the Brew Commander. I have absolutely no regrets. It works well out of the box with an intuitive user interface and zero learning curve.
The only thing that would improve it IMHO is an interface with brewing software like BeerSmith or BrewFather so that mash schedules and timers could be downloaded to the Brew Commander prior to brew day. V2 maybe?
John and his team at Blichmann did a good job with this one. I’m glad I got to see it and test it out at HomeBrewCon 2019.

Back