Control Panel Punching

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheasly

Reaction score
Does anybody in the Northern Virginia area know of a place that is willing to do all the cuts for a Kal control panel clone? I'm interested in actively starting up my electric brewing, but am kind of a perfectionist so I'd really like everything to be perfect. I've called a few machine shops but nobody is willing to help out so far. I'd appreciate any tips anybody would have, or if someone non local has a shop they've used and would be willing to accept shipment on my uncut panel and then send it after (I'd include a few delicious bourbon barrel aged porters in the original shipment and send shipping money as well) that could work for me too. Thanks if anybody can point me in the right direction.

:mug:

I used a Dremel, metal file, drill press (to drill pilot holes) and a conduit punch on my panel. I measured about 10 times and cut once. When using the Dremel I made sure to make the cutouts slightly smaller than needed and then used the metal file to fine tune it to a point where the PID's, etc. would just fit.

It turned out great and I am also a perfectionist. If you have the tools, go for it!

Latest posts

Back