Conical to keg transfer video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlajr2483

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been off and on this website taking the knowledge and guidance of others and thought I would contribute. I made a video with a friend of us transferring from our 17 gallon conical fermenter to the 5 gallon ball lock keg in a closed system. Thought I would share. We did it on an iphone but will make a better quality with my DLSR on the next transfer.

If you have any questions post em!

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty neat. I didnt see him purge the air out of the keg tho. He just pressurized it in the video. But I get it, its a great idea. But the thing I couldnt take my eyes off of was that black dot at the bottom of the video

Black dot? Are you seeing things? I'm an RN you might want to get that checked out! haha just kidding its stuck on my iphone that I need to upgrade. That was our first amateur video.
I will be doing a better quality one with better explanation and subtitles.
We filled the keg prior to starting the video and purged it 5 times to get all the oxygen out.

Nice video and idea. Thanks for posting.

I have the 7 gallon of the same SS Chronical. I also have recently adapted the "no oxygen transfer" and "keg to keg" transfers. However, I do not have a tri-clove for my lid on the chronical. I need to get one, can you post some details on your setup for the low pressure valve setup? :mug:

Back