Confused about re circulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericbreen

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am building my keggles and I am confused on whether I need to add a port at the top for re circulation. I have always used a cooler so temp drop in the mash was never really a problem, but now with the keggles it will be, espevially during winters in Lake Tahoe. What is the best way to re circ. I mean do i need a sparge arm, or some other way to disperse the wort onto the grain bed when I am direct firing the mash. Thanks for the input.
View attachment 279180

View attachment 279181

The guys at Brewchatter in Sparks have a high temp silicone hose they added to their keg mash tun for recirculating. Their setup is always at the shop if you wanted to ask. They're great guys and I think they even deliver to south lake.

I added a port. Makes the connection to the hose solid. On the other side, I use a silicon hose and lay it on the grain bed. Check out theekrctricbrewery.com. I followed his setup

Latest posts

Back