Conditioning on cereal/fruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutOfBodyBrewing

Reaction score
Yo! I'm very new to this, and just completed/bottled my second beer. My first came out great (hefeweizen) this second one is a strawberry/kiwi kolsch which also from what I tasted before bottling will be very good after carbonation. I decided to leave a gallon of it aside for experimental purposes and decided to use a hop bag(sanitized) with fruity pebbles in it for shits and giggles, curious as to how long is too long to keep it in there before bottling that batch up? Appreciate any insight!

The short answer, as long as you want. Take a small sample after a couple days and decide to leave it or pull it. Repeat if necessary.

A personal opinion, I don’t think I’d ever “dry hop” a beer with breakfast cereal. I’d be concerned that it’d turn into a goopy mess of undesirable flavors and mouth feel. But, hey, that’s the joy of this hobby, ruining, er I mean brewing the beer you want to drink regardless of what others might suggest.

Anyway, please report back.

Fair enough! I hear ya! Kind of enjoying the whole experimenting thing per 1 gallon of 5 gallons batches, that way of it turns out awful I'm not wasting much haha. Appreciate the help! I'll report back once it's finished, thank you!

Back