Concord 60 quart brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's two of 'em in use. I'm very satisfied with mine!

image.jpg

Nice!!!
Those look great.
So you highly recommend them??

Nice!!!
Those look great.
So you highly recommend them??

I use 100 quart Concord pots for my electric brew rig. They're well built and they work fine with my sight glasses, valves, etc. The only complaint I have about them is that they are very wide, which means that you're going to get some very high boil-off rates and the boil isn't going to be quite as vigorous as you'd see with a tall and skinny pot. But since they're very wide it means that they're short so it's easier to stir things in them as opposed to the tall skinny pots I would suppose.

I have made very good beer with them, no DMS issues, and water is pretty darn cheap, so if you're not worried about boiling off a lot of extra water then it's not a big deal. Considering that the tall skinny pots are 3-4 times more expensive, yes, I do think that I would buy them again.

I have the 60qt very high quality and heavy duty, would buy again no problem and for less than 100$ shipped off ebay they are very hard to beat.

Latest posts

Back