Comments on Blending/Priming Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
I received a question about the formulas in the book that estimate the expected CO2 generated by bottle-fermentation of blended sour beers (of different final gravities). As a result, I ended up making a spreadsheet that does all of the calculations.

It would be especially valuable if you were blending your own gueuze as it assumes the beers are produced from the same or very similar worts. It also suggests how much additional priming sugar it will take to reach your target CO2.

Here's a direct link to the spreadsheet, and the instructions. Any and all feedback/comments welcome!

Sure am looking forward to a metric option. Thanks for the hard work on behalf of the rest of us.

Sure am looking forward to a metric option. Thanks for the hard work on behalf of the rest of us.

I figured it would be easier to expand and adjust the American unit version to get it right, then convert. Rather than try to deal with two at once.

Back