comercial examples of simcoe, amarillo and citra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
I have never brewed with the hops so i dont know what hey taste like. can you guys/gals give me the names of some brew i can buy that are examples of each hop so i can better understand there flavor profile

Glynn said:
I have never brewed with the hops so i dont know what hey taste like. can you guys/gals give me the names of some brew i can buy that are examples of each hop so i can better understand there flavor profile

Mikkeller does a single hop ipa with citra and with simcoe. I think maybe amarillo as well.

Try and find a bottle of Rogue Yellow Snow when it comes out in a couple months. You'll know exactly what Amarillo tastes like. Citra and be tasted in Widmer's current Rotator Shaddock or also their Citra Summer Blonde. Sierra Nevada Torpedo has some Citra, but it also used quite a few other hops.

Lawsons Finest Liquids Double Sunshine is an all Citra brew. So is Sierra Nevada Torpedo but it pales in comparison to the LFLDS.

I would love to try gumballhead but the only store i found it in wanted 14 dollars a six pack so i walked out

Back