Combining brewing efforts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG1602

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a Sabco soon, and I wanted to know what are thoughts on combining batches for fermentation.
If not clear, I want to make my first batch, cool, then let sit in the fermenter till the second batch is cooled and ready to go.
Is this ok for the first batch?

I just did this on my maiden voyage with my new conical. Brewed 6gal one day, another batch the next day and combined. I pitched my yeast in the first batch, didn't see much activity when I added the second batch of wrto but by the following morning it was going.

If you're doing both in the same day, it would work to pitch after the second was in the fermentor. I've let wort cool to pitching temps overnight many times.

I am going to purchase a Sabco soon, and I wanted to know what are thoughts on combining batches for fermentation.
If not clear, I want to make my first batch, cool, then let sit in the fermenter till the second batch is cooled and ready to go.
Is this ok for the first batch?

are you buying a sabco fermenter?

Thanks Lenny. I thought it would be ok. Just about about the nasties while the beer was just sitting there.

Yes, I am taking the plunge!

Back