would honeysuckle, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla bean combine well as flavors in mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apawture

Reaction score
im very new to mead making, my first batch is still in its secondary phase(its orange and vanilla! it should be done soon and i am very excited about it) but im already planning ahead for future batches. i want to make a very sweet mead, and a lot of it, and those three flavors are ones i like a whole lot, so im wondering if (hoping) they combine well together, or if anyone thinks they might or even has suggestions? im open to ideas!

Personally I would think the cinnamon could easily overwhelm the other two. I think honeysuckle and vanilla would be complimentary or good individually in 2 batches. Full disclosure, I don't like cinnamon. Good luck!🐝

I did not know honeysuckle was edible.
the japanese honeysuckle flowers and nectar are and they are actually breeding the plant for berries, similar to blue berries in color and up to the size of grapes. Search for Japanese Haskap or Sweetberry honeysuckle.

Latest posts

Back