College Students and Beer Head.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in a local bar/restaurant the other night (not a brew-pub), and ordered a SNPA and asked for a glass and that I would pour it. The uninformed bartender looked at me like I was a kook, but then I educated her. She then asked me "what does it matter anyway?" Yes folks, I resigned myself to being a kook.

I only ever drink out of a glass, who cares if it's bottle conditioned or not. I have had bar staff look at me funny when I ask for a glass to which I respond "I said I'd like a glass, please." Bar staff who look at me funny tend to get smaller tips.

That was a nice idea shared. After all, there are so many other flavors out there to experience. Wat say members? Rectify me if I m incorrect.!

Too many beers! Thanks - Dwain

The language that was used in the posters thread is quite indicative of NorCal slang, and so I was curious if indeed the young man was from there.

Back OT:

Some places you just grow up where there is only inexpensive beer around; my dad always drank PBR and then Red Dog for a number of years.

I just went back to Florida where I grew up and the typical bars/restaurants serve BMC products. They have their place, but head retention, aroma, etc aren't necessarily hallmarks of those styles, or what one seeks from those beers.

Some people start on Boone's farm or 2 buck chuck as an entry into wine; some people never drink more than that.

Same with beer. My whole thing with beer is "if it tastes good, drink it". With that comes the illicit implication that taste is subjective--

My .02

Back