cold crash and bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnDeFiNeD_EK-808

Reaction score
This is my first post here and im kinda new to homebrewing so here goes. I ordered a kegging setup from keg connection but dont got the right regulator so im sending it back to exchange for the right one... problem is because i thought i was gonna keg this batch i cold crashed for about 3 days @ 37º.. my question is will i still be able to bottle with out having carb problems or should i just force carb and bottle then return the reg...

I don't cold crash that long before bottling, but it should still work for you

after bottling, keep the bottles at 70° for 3 weeks and they should carbonate fine

This is my first post here and im kinda new to homebrewing so here goes. I ordered a kegging setup from keg connection but dont got the right regulator so im sending it back to exchange for the right one... problem is because i thought i was gonna keg this batch i cold crashed for about 3 days @ 37º.. my question is will i still be able to bottle with out having carb problems or should i just force carb and bottle then return the reg...
I just dont wanna bottle all 50 something bottles and they dont carb then ill be kegging anyway... if i decided to keg could i force carb then release the presssure from keg then sphion to bottleing bucket and bottle?

can't answer about kegging, only that cold crash won't prevent carbing in bottles, as long as you keep the bottles at 70° for 3 weeks

I routinely cold crash my primaries anywhere from 5-7 days before bottling with no adverse effects on carbonation. You should be fine as long as you bottle condition at 70F or so as GrogNerd suggested.

When I cold crash for a few days I never have problems with carbing. I recently let a batch cold crash for 2.5 weeks. Life got in the way, and I couldn't find the time to bottle it. I ended up shaking up a jar of washed yeast and poured a couple tablespoons in to the bottle bucket for good measure. No harm - No foul...

Otherwise you could keg the beer and bottle whatever you want straight from the keg. As soon as I get the ambition together, I am going to follow the DIY instructions on this forum for a homemade beer gun. If interested, search for "we no need no stinking beer gun" on google.

I plan on using it to give samples to friends, or if I am feeling adventurous, to enter beers in competitions. Just have to get the ambition to get my kegging system working first.

Latest posts

Back