Coke bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the small 6 oz coke bottles to bottle in? A co-worker has one of the old coke machines that dispenses the small bottles, and I was thinking that would be perfect for home brew in game room

While I don't mind bottling, that's a lot of bottles to fill. They should be able to hold the carbonation fine, though.

I haven't seen 6 oz. but I have a few 8 oz. coke bottles that I use. I like the fact that it's clear and the smaller size is great for sample sizes. A lot of times I will try one of the smaller bottles at 2 or 3 weeks to see how the beer is coming along so I'm only "wasting" 8 oz. instead of 12. And yes, they work just fine. Not sure on the volumes they hold but I've had no issues thus far.

They'll work fine. Coke's bottled at about 3.5 volumes so there is now problem with that. They are thicker than beer bottles as well, to hold higher co2 pressure.

Those are glass and not plastic right? Not that it matters really, both can hold high co2 vols.

They will work fine but they are clear so if you don't keep them in a dark environment skunking can occur pretty quickly.

Back