Coconut milk in beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnr

Up your IBU!
Reaction score
It's been a while, everyone. Hope were all safe during this time.
Happy New Year.
The last beer I made was a pumpkin pie ale with real pumpkin, graham crackers, honey and brown sugar. No pumpkin pie spice.
Then did a split batch with child brew coffee, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and clove. And a splash of date syrup...
No cinnamon!

Anyway. My freezer has a bunch of frozen fruit from the end of summer so I was gonna brew tonight. Mostly because my wife wants me to throw it away or use it. So I'll use it.

I have kiwi, mango, a ton of pineapple, peach and watermelon.
I also have a few cans of coconut milk.
I figured I'd make a pina colada type IPA. But throw in the mango and kiwi for a little extra zing.
I don't even know if this will work. But I need to use this damn fruit.

What would you use with a bunch of real watermelon?
Thanks in advance.

Given the history and situation I'm thinking the OP wants a fruit salad IPA :D
So, what the heck, go for it - but I would leave out the "coconut milk" (which has a high, head-killing fat content) - unless it's actually coconut water...

Cheers!

Given the history and situation I'm thinking the OP wants a fruit salad IPA :D
So, what the heck, go for it - but I would leave out the "coconut milk" (which has a high, head-killing fat content) - unless it's actually coconut water...

Cheers!
As quoted, coconut water works, not sure about milk.

Full ingredient list for the organic coconut milk.
So we're thinking oils will kill the head and probably preservatives will stunt the fermentation?
Screenshot_20210202-192343_Google.jpg

what about mead?
At this point, I'm just trying to use the stuff I have "hoarded" in the freezer/cabinet. My wife is saying my hope already take up too much space. Covid destroyed the market in CT for house buying. This was all supposed to go into my guy space. Instead, it's annoying my wife!
So, making super hopped beer with lots of fruit!

At this point, I'm just trying to use the stuff I have "hoarded" in the freezer/cabinet. My wife is saying my hope already take up too much space. Covid destroyed the market in CT for house buying. This was all supposed to go into my guy space. Instead, it's annoying my wife!
So, making super hopped beer with lots of fruit!

well personally, i'd either go mead, or cider.....buy 4-5 gallons of cheap apple juice, and toss the fruit in....my best idea anyway...

Pinnaple or pear mead sounds great . Also for the mangos you could brew a mango sour . I just bottled a batch about 1.5 weeks ago . Cant wait to try it .

fwiw, "coconut water" is simply the almost clear fluid contained in immature nuts, while "coconut milk" is that fluid mixed with pulverized coconut meat, hence the high fat content - and all of the stabilizers and shelf-life extenders...

Cheers!

Coconut milk, the product you have in the cans, has a very high fat content. Not a good candidate for brewing beer. Use it and some of the pineapple to make a nice chicken curry for dinner.

I have alb of frozen pineapple, 1 big mango, 2 kiwis...
Oh. Just found a bag of cranberries, a few unpeeled clementines, gooseberries...

Back